Cloudburst - Hypnotic Powers (Neurofunk)

This song is great. I personally love that crazy bass. I am also wondering how you did that. The vocal is awesome. For improvement, I think you could use more fills and little mini fills.

that bass, :fag: .. it needs some work and cleaning.
The high end of it sounds very messy and need definition. But I get why you wanted to use this bass, the mid range it's sick! When it plays on the mid range I can hear it has huge potential.
No jokes.
Have you used samples or you made it yourself? How?
Also the high end of the bass sounds like clashing with the drum's top cymbals. I think you should decide which of the two you want to keep in that frequency range and move the other up or down.

Intro and breakdown could be a bit more interesting, with some more fadings and special effects and fireworks! lol
Like some bits delayed or reverbered booms or stabs with reversed high pitched atmos or cymbals, and little silences or car crashing and airplain passing by or a moo cow or whatever!!! :)

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad u are liking the bass. The sound is made from massive, a saw and a polysaw detuned with a sine underneath if I remember it correctly... Then resampled a few times, using notch filters and phasers, flangers, chorus and such. I'm pretty happy with it myself. :D But I get what you are saying about the higher freqs of it, I'll need to find out how to get on top of that!

So other than that... more fills and stuff going on in the intro and breakdown. Gotcha'! Thanks! :)

Yeah it's pretty much just that one sound that's harsh in the 5 to 8 kHz region I think. Sometimes spikes up higher too maybe. Apart from that I think you're well on the right track with some nice mid range sounds and a bit of a groove. The bass fills every four bars on the drop work well, you could probably continue with them or something similar in the second 16. Not sure what I think about the pseudo breakdown in the middle of the 1st drop section, sounds a bit like an outro in the middle of the tune...imo. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom