Cloudburst - Dysfunktional

Nice eerie vibe mate, if you want some feedback from me? I would say I would like to hear some vocal samples and maybe some live drum breaks in there too to give it some grime, its very clean sounding, but that is just my personal taste so take it with a pinch of salt, its a great tune keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't worked a lot with drum breaks at all really witch is weird as I'm making DnB but maybe I should get into it more. I basically only work with one-shot's as that's what I've always done..

Perhaps I should gather up on some knowledge about breaks! .. I know nothing about how to use em in tracks lol.

Your bass always seems to sound like it's straight from the synth, with lots of automations and fx and whatever, but unless you're a genius programmer it's pretty hard to nail. Making all your neuro sounds and then sequencing with audio might open up some doors. And then layer on all your melodic vibes which are good. Breaks, usually high-passed funk breaks just fill out the beat, give it a rolling feel. Adds something that's really hard to get with one shots.

Subprime, u speak the truth! I've been thinking that a lot too. My bass work haven't improved that much lately and I guess that is because that there is only so much massive can do on it's own. I should perhaps find some new techniques for bass-making. It's easy to get stuck in old patterns!

Good stuff, ty!

yeah man, feeling this. maybe another layer to that chompy/automated bass. its there...just needs a little suttin' suttin' to bring it right out

Cheers for the comments guys!

MisterApe, I'm not that into mastering but the track is peaking at 0db as it should. I could have perhaps given it a bit more gain and compression. But now that I'm aware, I will pay a bit more attention to it next time!

Pride, I just started experimenting a bit more with layering and trying out some new resampling techniques after what subprime said. So hopefully ya get to hear some of that stuff soon enough!

Thanks both of you :)

Back
Top Bottom