Cloudburst - Dysfunktional

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by JimpaDirt, May 22, 2013.

1. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Hola! So I made something again. This time I spent more time trying get things to sound right and making more final edits than I usually do. I think I usually rush myself to finnish the tune as I'm always so bored with a tune near the end of it. Did it pay off? :)

Cheers!

2. Cowthief

Cowthief Member

Nice eerie vibe mate, if you want some feedback from me? I would say I would like to hear some vocal samples and maybe some live drum breaks in there too to give it some grime, its very clean sounding, but that is just my personal taste so take it with a pinch of salt, its a great tune keep it up.

3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't worked a lot with drum breaks at all really witch is weird as I'm making DnB but maybe I should get into it more. I basically only work with one-shot's as that's what I've always done..

Perhaps I should gather up on some knowledge about breaks! .. I know nothing about how to use em in tracks lol.

4. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Your bass always seems to sound like it's straight from the synth, with lots of automations and fx and whatever, but unless you're a genius programmer it's pretty hard to nail. Making all your neuro sounds and then sequencing with audio might open up some doors. And then layer on all your melodic vibes which are good. Breaks, usually high-passed funk breaks just fill out the beat, give it a rolling feel. Adds something that's really hard to get with one shots.

JimpaDirt likes this.
  5. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Subprime, u speak the truth! I've been thinking that a lot too. My bass work haven't improved that much lately and I guess that is because that there is only so much massive can do on it's own. I should perhaps find some new techniques for bass-making. It's easy to get stuck in old patterns!

Good stuff, ty!

6. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Bump :) Anyone else got an opinion?

7. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

Sounds great! Although maybe a bit on the quiet side (Had to really crank up my speakers to get a decent level from it.)

8. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

yeah man, feeling this. maybe another layer to that chompy/automated bass. its there...just needs a little suttin' suttin' to bring it right out

9. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Cheers for the comments guys!

MisterApe, I'm not that into mastering but the track is peaking at 0db as it should. I could have perhaps given it a bit more gain and compression. But now that I'm aware, I will pay a bit more attention to it next time!

Pride, I just started experimenting a bit more with layering and trying out some new resampling techniques after what subprime said. So hopefully ya get to hear some of that stuff soon enough!

Thanks both of you :)