clipz has jumped on the dubstep bandwagon to!

Ahh this brings back a couple of memories!!

For me, Clipz is the same as every other d&b producer who has made tunes I like. I like some, don't like some - I never really understood why Clipz got so much stick?! Even though it did get overplayed rawly, Slippery Slope was a banger when it 1st came out - used to set a dance off!!

Plus...Cocoa, Sticky, Hold Tight, Push & Pull, Bionic Commando, Black Doves (w/Die).....just to name a few!!

didnt feel that myself. i always think people hated on clipz too much he had a good range of releases and was an alright dj as well.

didnt feel that myself. i always think people hated on clipz too much he had a good range of releases and was an alright dj as well.

Ahh mate, Bionic Commando is one of my faves lol!!

Clipz is A LOT better at DJ'in than most people doing it week-in, week-out. OS to name one.

Plus he had some good dubs/tunes on Audio Zoo. He was playing 'Get Lo' a lickle while before everyone else!! (Bar Friction maybe?!)

i used to like some of clipz stuff like loud and dirty etc, lost interest in him after he was making tunes like offline vip whch i dont like at all...

but yeah id call this crackhouse and listening through my laptop speakers i dont think much of it but i can imagine it being dropped at a rave and the whole place going off!

in fairness to him he's doing what he's doing and he's getting popular again so he must be doing something right

Ahh mate, Bionic Commando is one of my faves lol!!

Clipz is A LOT better at DJ'in than most people doing it week-in, week-out. OS to name one.

Plus he had some good dubs/tunes on Audio Zoo. He was playing 'Get Lo' a lickle while before everyone else!! (Bar Friction maybe?!)

wasnt that released on audio zoo anyway. and yes os cant mix for toffee which is why jake always mixed when g dub played out i do believe

i used to like some of clipz stuff like loud and dirty etc, lost interest in him after he was making tunes like offline vip whch i dont like at all...

but yeah id call this crackhouse and listening through my laptop speakers i dont think much of it but i can imagine it being dropped at a rave and the whole place going off!

in fairness to him he's doing what he's doing and he's getting popular again so he must be doing something right

Tbh this is when I started getting a bit disappointed with Clipz. Releases previous to this in Rubbish, Where's My Money & Download...not very good tunes at all imo. Offline was OK, but the VIP came out so quickly afterwards and then for some reason EVERYONE started fackin playing it!! Hearing that, Warface and Mr Happy all in one set was one of the worst d&b moments of my life.

Clipz gets some serious hate!

I don't know any of his recent stuff so have no reason to hate. This crackhouse tune is nothing spectacular.

i would actually class this as UKG or 2 step. just sayin'

crack house is a very new term. hopefully mr g comes in here and slaps some sense into me

would it be fair to say crack house is just 4x4 beats with elements of bassline UKG and 2 step?

would it be fair to say crack house is just 4x4 beats with elements of bassline UKG and 2 step?

Yeah, it's a mixture of various styles like you stated that i like all mixed into one.

Last edited:
I don't class this as Dubstep and neither does Clipz (see the latest ATM).Zinc, Jack Beats, Toddla T have all been playing this for a while and i like it and so do others.

I think a few peeps should get off he's back and let him get on with it.

To right. People just love jumping on the hate bandwagon. I like Clipz tunes Slippery slopes, Coca, Loud and dirty, Offline VIP. I don't care what anyone says., it's my taste.

i liked clipz's style

inno in the sun 07 or 08 (cant remember which) he had arguably the best set of the week imo, was banging.

Weird thing is to me, the tune everyone loves off the most in this thread (Tibetan Mist) is one of the most boring tunes he's done!

Dont forget Number One. That tune tore up raves for months...

Back
Top Bottom