DnB Clip updated. WIP intro and drop. What would you hear next?

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
Finally I'm almost done also with the intro... Just need little fine tuning, but should be there.

What do you reckon about the intro drums, especially before the drop. Shall I rework them a bit?

Also, it is the drop too short?
Bass to too much all over the track?
What you don't like on this tune?

Any arrangement suggestions are gold.

Cheers

Last edited:
I'd say the snares in the inrto could have more variety and there might be a shuffle in there that is more prominent.

The bass in the drop sounds all over the shop to me but then I suppose I could get into it if I understood it more.

I like the kick.

This is pretty cool, but i don't really like the fact that the HUGE kick in the drop is also in the intro, I would shorten the decay or cut the bottom out of it in the intro :) Nice impact on the drop btw!

That's a good input Freezz!
I was wondering if keep it or not... I do love that fat 2 step, but probably is true that it spoil the drop after.
I'll give a try to your advice on slightly change the tone of it.

after received some critique and advices, I've decided to remove the bloody skippy edits on drums and replace with a straight groove.

Also worked a bit on freq cut of sub, kick, snare and overall mix.

Which sounds better?

The groove is much straighttter on this one but you've killed the high freqs that the snare had in the old version (which drums i liked more ;) )

for the next thing, in the bridge you may introduce a drumstep-halfstep part with real warping bases and atmo-stabs :)

Keep pushing in that RIGHT direction cause this is starting to sound gooooood! :)))

you've killed the high freqs that the snare had in the old version (which drums i liked more ;) )

Yep, I've noticed that a bit. This snare's got a bit boxed sound...
Nothing that I can't sort out before to close the track, it's just an eq's matter.

for the next thing, in the bridge you may introduce a drumstep-halfstep part with real warping bases and atmo-stabs

Drumstep... mmhh... can be an idea.
Will see if that can fit.
I'm still stuck on the first drop...
I wanted to add some shuffling hats or maybe an high end crash to add some bit of noise and dirty to those drums.

Thanks for the post Neo! :thumbsup:

that second drop is weighty! your bass work is really tight man. good job. i think if i were to critique id say the kick needs to be a bit nore prominant. its got a bit lost in the madness of that beat. if you can get the kick to pop out a bit morr it will be almost perfect. im looking forward to tge finished track, gonna keep my eyes peeled

from 0 - 12 seconds id take the hi hats out.

then at 25 seconds id have all the drums drop out and have some heavier emphasis on the synth to get some type of alarm reaction in the listener, so they know their shits about to get fucked.

intro drags, should have it drop at 44 trust.

Last edited:
i think you need some splashy cymbals. i know how simple that sounds but its huge to the drum feel. i couldn't really rock to this. but i WANTED to.
EDIT on second thought. if the bass was just more precise. its dirty and i understand how hard it is to make good bass... but if it was just hitting perfectly it could be big without splashy cymbals.

So, it sounds shit... ;(
I think I've been working too much on this tune.
I should prob give up for this time.

I can't catch that fucking grittiness on my reeces. I don't understand that.
Thanks for the feedback Equi.
:)

drop is a lot heavier on that last one! indeed take the hats out, but there's something still missing with the build-up right before the drop and I don't know what

Hey, just realised that those vocal effects are way too loud on mix.
And probably other things.

Don't you tell me that I should put a melody at the intro...
I can't fix one for this tune.
I've been trying with some, but it sounds very cheesy.

Back
Top Bottom