Click issue

Discussion in 'Production' started by Niceneasyuk, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Niceneasyuk

Niceneasyuk Member

I've got mean synth bass, i mean MEAN. However it's got a tiny click infront of it, it did have a big crack type thing(i reduced it to a click). If i tinker with the velocity of the amp it doesn't sound right, if i change the attack it doesn't sound right. How do i remove the click without having to 'miss out the first ms of the note'. hope you can help!

To add to the situation the click only occurs in playback, if i hold the note down on the sequencer, this click does not happen. The click also remains if i export it as a sound file and it doesn't click in legato only the opening note.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Some EQ possibly. Save the sound as a patch and reopen it in another project and export it. Hope that helps

3. funkmod

funkmod Member

export the sound and magnify the wave form and remove the click ? i dunno thats what i would try

4. Niceneasyuk

Niceneasyuk Member

Ye i tried in audacity, but the click was in time with the start of the bass and quieter, by removing it would be like clipped the start of the note :(. I've managed to make it nearly un-hearable but now my bass sounds over synthed. I think i'm just going to have to scrap it. guuutted lol

5. funkmod

funkmod Member

yeah u might have to might i ask what generator/sequencer your using to make the bass probly be able to help u out a lot better .. but im have noticed the same thing with sum of my synths

6. Niceneasyuk

Niceneasyuk Member

Reason 4, Malstrom( 2 of them in a combinator ), both of them have, Acid bass on OSC 1 and FM bass one OSC 2, even when i turn the amp down on all but one of OSC it still does it. Like i said i've EQ'd it out, the only problem now is the synthyness is overpowering, it sounds like it's in a box! It sounds pretty good but is there anyway to bring it out of this box? It seems the more EQ i apply the further into the box it goes. Argh the annoyingness of music production... Does my nut in lol.

7. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

if you are using reason, hold shift whilst you are adjusting the attack of the amplitude/filter envelope, this allows you to adjust in smaller units, and you might have more luck removing your click (y)

8. Niceneasyuk

Niceneasyuk Member

Thankyou everybody but i've given up on the click and gone back to the crackle! i've made another thread regarding the bass synth. You can hear the tune there i added a link.