clearance for sharing mixes with unauthorzed tunes

superpang

so do you have to get clearance to record mixes and hand the mixes out or host on soundcloud?with tunes from producers???

No. It's with consent.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

As opposed to rape...

MI5 will be kicking your door down for even contemplating it

actually dont worry about it to much, some artists might complain, but legally, a Promotional Mix, is a demonstration of Dj Skill, not an attempt to illegally share music and steal from producers. but law is on the producers side mostly, you might be able to argue the promotional mix angle, no idea if its been done/won, tbh i dont think anyone can really be arsed to fight that battle...give it a few years tho, when the likes of Sony and Geffen are clawing at their last few $$ in the bank. i think there is a list somewhere on here with the names of producers/labels who might not like their stuff being used

some night clubs will ask you to write them a list of all the tracks you play in a night, doesnt happen to often, and I think you have to have a licence to Dj these days? unfortunetly I dont think it says 'Licenced to Rinse It Out Propa' on the top

I thought he meant normal mixes. Should read thread titles more closely. What are you talking about license? :eek:

Never heard of not being able to play a legitamately bought track in a club...

What the fuck is 'offering'? Looks like they're chancing their arm!

Legislation or gtfo...

PPL is the licencing body for the UK, its all in law, the ProDub Licence is specificly about digital play back i think, anyways look up PPL on the net, you'll find all sorts of licences, legally enforcable

I had no idea. So anyone using tunes bought online in this section are breaking the law?

We cant even record mixes? Why is Soundcloud still up and running?

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Shouldnt this forum be called 'Member's Promo Mixes' just to cover ourselves?

i think its ultimately down to the person who owns the copyright. If all the dnb producers decided to go down the path of ensuring everybody had a license, there wouldn't be a scene... no doubt its accepted that the majority of people who buy the music online/vinyl will be mixing it and showcasing the mixes at some point in one way or another :p

Back
Top Bottom