Clean Wobble Son=unds?

spacecadet82

Hi guys

i have logic pro and am trying to create some clean wobble baselines - been using the LFO 2 on ES2 synths but they are really distorted. Trying to get quite a clean wobble sound - nothing like a bro-step wobble (sorry being massive vague here) - the sound I would love to replicate is something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDN7Pp-UpJQ (check out around the 2.20 mark).

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

ah - very good points there - it sounds clean to me compared to some of the more modern day wobbles (trying to distinguish the sound here).....
so you think a bit of distortion added to sample would do the trick?

Try synthesizing, like others said, squarewaves and multiple voices + distortion and a bit detuning along chorus should do the trick. Maybe try filtering with bandpass filter?

I suggest you get a simple synth with three oscillators, set one of them an octave deeper than the others and detune the other two a little bit in opposite directions, but make sure to detune them with the same amount.

Check out what happens when you pick different waveforms and combinations of waveforms for the oscillators and change the level of detuning around, still in opposite directions and using the same amount. Listen for a combination that sounds nice and has a lot of movement that rhythmically go well along with the kind of beat you're using.

Add a simple distortion plugin to the effects, probably going to have to turn it down a little bit.

Add a simple low pass filter and then a reverb and cut most of the low end out of the reverb and shorten it quite a bit. Automate the low pass filter cutoff if it hasn't got an oscillator thing and mess around with the timing.

You can add a chorus before the distortion to give the sound more movement, but I usually turn the mix level somewhere around halfway.

Mess around with this formula for a bit and you'll probably come across the sound you're looking for and it's likely you'll stumble or tweak out something that sounds even better.

much appreciated for the tips - playing around with es2 is always a bit of trial and error - you use mess about until you get something that you like

Back
Top Bottom