Clean thinkbreak?

LVB

Hey forum members, I heard this in quite alot of liquid track, sounds like a thinkbreak to me but it sounds like it's only the percussion, does anyone have any idea how to achieve this?
I've tried several think-break versions, but I'm not really getting the desired effect

For an example: it comes in at around 0:15 in this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lOCn0yic5M

(what a gem btw)

I know this might be a noobish question, but thanks for any replies if you know how i can achieve this :)

i have several versions of the think break in wav and rx2, the quality def sucks in varying degrees but thats the problem posed with most funk breaks. there is a clip of just the tambourine though if thats what you're asking about

at 0:17 in this track that's just a standart twostep kick snare pattern wth some hats, i dont think theres any break at that moment

Thanks guys, Nick, mind sending me that? I'm not on my computer atm so I can't try and cut it yet :)

dude i have think on vinyl 7", found it downstairs in a box haha. we ran it red hot onto tape (revox reel to reel) and the sound is pretty flipping cool. of course, its not processed, its completely clean. then i found the most INSANE think in an amiga module the other day, that thing sounded like seven difficult years under a jeep wheel through the streets of tibet. super cool, but then im not into digital clean sound, i prefer some low bitrate crunch

thats awesome man!! haha but by "clean" i really just meant without the kicks, snares and HUEHUE's, just the tambourines haha ;) nice though!!

Sure mate! I tried cutting that solo tambourine today, but I had some problems regarding the quality, when I finally got the tempo right, it always had an annoying pop when the loop started and I could still hear the "hit" in the beginning of the loop, thanks though!

Thanks so much logikz!! really appreciated, will sure do :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much logikz!! really appreciated, will sure do :)

Back
Top Bottom