Classifying Drum and Bass

I have found the same article as you, and it has helped my mixes a lot in terms of build-up and consistency. The way I tag my tracks is by energy levels and type, they go a bit like this (they should be pretty self explanatory):
[INTRO]
[EARLY]
[BANGER]
[ROLLER]
[RIOT]
[BREAKS]
[JUNGLE]
[CHILL]
[VOCALS]
[BASS]
[OUTRO]

I use them in combination so you can have [INTRO][CHILL] / [INTRO][BANGER] / etc, you get the point. So basically I have a tag that says where in the set the track belongs and also how it feels. Then I tag the ones that have vocals so I know not to put 2 tracks with overlapping vocals. Then I also add [!] for example if it's a really banging track as opposed to some other more generic ones.
Also if I find 2 or more tracks that go well together I would label them with [#] for example so I can easily find which ones go with the one that's currently playing.

Thank you that is the kind of answer I was expecting :)
I'll listen to your mixcloud to hear what styles you are mixing, I might have some questions to ask you...

I was actually going to point you to this thread just now haha. I wanted to say I don't start with a specific key but rather with tracks that go well as an intro :p Feel free to ask me anything you want, just keep in mind I`m a beginner :P

Back
Top Bottom