Classics

do dnb 'classics' have to be universally agreed upon? a tune like HC - If We Ever seemed to unify the scene to a large degree but I can't stand it. whereas a tune like Die & Break - Grand Funk Hustle is a humungous genre-crossing anthem if ever I heard one, but it kinda vanished without trace.

That's what makes it a classic IMO. Tunes that stand out from a particular genre and are loved by all.

If We Ever would be one IMO even though I am not a fan and much prefer the Booty.

Can't say I recall Grand Funk Hustle

There will always be "classics" you just have to give it time.

Benny L's Low Blow will be a classic one day

but I understand what you are saying. Tracks dont get enough playtime these days before they are thrown away. Then there's the big sub genre divide but there will always be classics

:2thumbs:

benny l's vanta black and blocks and escher something borrowed something blue are the modern day equivalent of an anthem i reckon

if everybody was still buying vinyl, these tracks would have made good money for the producers

benny l's vanta black and blocks and escher something borrowed something blue are the modern day equivalent of an anthem i reckon

if everybody was still buying vinyl, these tracks would have made good money for the producers

Remember that. When we used to pay £5-10 for 2-3 tracks lol The good old days when you had no money because you spent it all on vinyl

It's madness they still sell packs for £20-25 tbh I just paid over £50 for 2 packs and tbh it dont feel value for money. The sets are not as new as some I've downloaded for free off SC so I've not really been listening to them. £50 for something im not really listening to.

my definition of a classic:
tune stands out from the rest in a mix, you definately remember it after the set.
djs from different genres play it regularly
I still love playin it, no matter how old it is.

thinking of names....hmm tough one, could take a while ;)

my definition of a classic:
tune stands out from the rest in a mix, you definately remember it after the set.
djs from different genres play it regularly
I still love playin it, no matter how old it is.

yeah like i said: synkro. :D

Remember that. When we used to pay £5-10 for 2-3 tracks lol The good old days when you had no money because you spent it all on vinyl

It's madness they still sell packs for £20-25 tbh I just paid over £50 for 2 packs and tbh it dont feel value for money. The sets are not as new as some I've downloaded for free off SC so I've not really been listening to them. £50 for something im not really listening to.

Back in the early nineties a big anthem could shift 250,000 vinyl units!!

These days a confident label will do a run of 500

That's what makes it a classic IMO. Tunes that stand out from a particular genre and are loved by all.

If We Ever would be one IMO even though I am not a fan and much prefer the Booty.

I get this viewpoint, but If We Ever can't be "loved by all" if neither of us likes it, for example?

s'pose I have a hard time thinking of anything I don't personally rate as a 'classic'. I'm always seeing people calling 50 Cent - In Da Club a hip hop classic, and I think that track represents everything that went wrong with hip hop... apples and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom