Classic Goldie - Friday 31 July BBC 2 9PM

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
Former Maestro competitor, drum and bass pioneer and graffiti artist Goldie takes on a new challenge. Despite never having received a musical education, he is invited to compose a piece of music to be performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall in the 2009 Proms season.

Goldie wrestles with developing his composing skills as he moves from electronic sampling to writing for the acoustic instruments of a classical symphony orchestra and chorus. Helping him along this musical journey are his former Maestro mentor Ivor Setterfield and composer Anna Meredith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lydf1

Should be a good watch, certainly better than anything else on at that time. Goldie should have won Maestro instead of that rat faced Sue Perkins

His piece will be performed at the Family Prom on Saturday, August 1.

Also check out Goldie having fun dancing in the new Dizzee Rascal video

http://truetosound.net/videos/2137-dizzee-rascal-holiday-official-video/

Goldie really cracks me up at times

dnbtv51-goldie.gif

the way he sees music and puts it down on paper is pure
magic im well jealous. i wish i was more creative :(

really good programme, looking forward to the next part and hearing what he actually composes. the man is a legend, and quite frankly im jealous, not of the fame but the life style "ill do some art and if i get bored or angry with that ill do music" hes straight up done what hes always believed in and its payed off. muchos respectos

Yeah me & rhys caught this on Friday. So good! Goldie seems like such a top bloke. Really animated & full of life. Really looking forward to seeing how his composition sounds next week!

was a great show. I did find it a bit odd how he could not comprehend the notes and chords on the piano and how to use them together. However he is a talented man and everyones brain works in a different way

im really curious how his peice will end up! maximum respect for the effort!

Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed this, which surprised me, 'cus as much as I love his music etc, really didn't like him on CBB & other "reality" stuff i've seen him in.

Was also surprised about the Piano thing, that dumb bitch that kept questioning why he didn't know, or couldn't get it though, you saw his angry/arrogant side come out, but for once, I really don't fucking blame him!

I would of TOLD her, literally.

Really looking forward to the next one...

Is it every Friday?

'Cus i'm worried I missed one Friday just gone... :(

Really looking forward to the next one... Is it every Friday? 'Cus i'm worried I missed one Friday just gone... :([/QUOTE said:
bbc i-player moskit. get to know

Back
Top Bottom