DnB Classic Freestyle - 100% Vinyl

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
Lots of old tunes I never really play & my new copy of Atlantis; have been working on structuring a tracklist for some of these tunes but got bored tonight and decided to plug in record and see how it goes. Not the cleanest in places or the greatest mix technically, but I was looking for a different vibe with this one & liked the idea of it being "off the cuff" as of such. Was going to be my entry to the DNBA comp but its just short of the 30 so haven't bothered.

TL below. Feedback positive, negative - feel free to leave them!
Enjoy.

LTJ Bukem - Atlantis [Good Looking]
Peshay - Vocal Tune [Good Looking]
Renegade - Terrorist [Dread]
Ed Rush - Subway [Prototype]
Firefox - Bonanza Kid [Philly Blunt]
Jo - R Type [Shogun]
Ed Rush - West Way [Metalheadz]
Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl [Prototype]
Adam F - Circles (Andy C Remix) [F-Jams]
Ed Rush & Optical - Watermelon [Virus]
Calibre - Fire & Water [Soul:R]
Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix) [Virus]
>>Andy C - The Quest [RAM]
Origin Unknown - Truly One [RAM]
>>Optical - To Shape The Future Remix [Metalheadz]​

Last edited:
looks good man, lots of tracks I wish I had on vinyl! Shall listen after Midnight Maneuvers 6, also the comp entries only have to be over 26 mins so you might as well, nothing to loose.

looks good man, lots of tracks I wish I had on vinyl! Shall listen after Midnight Maneuvers 6, also the comp entries only have to be over 26 mins so you might as well, nothing to loose.

much obliged :) on this stuuu

big ups guys. Enjoy the ride...

hopefully bang out the next project I have in the offing very soon, this was just a little something as I haven't posted anything in months!

wickard stu. this was nice man. some classics that im not actually bored of hearing.

some cool blends. tip of the cap for subway. mix was good and its such a tune. loved it with terroist's amens in the back.
bonaza kid & rtype was swish too. reckon i'll be having a go at that one.
fire&water - medicine - loved it.
medicine - truley one was awesome. sat really well with med.
shit dog! when shape the future came in. yes mang!

The fuck is Agent Smith?

:teeth:

wickard stu. this was nice man. some classics that im not actually bored of hearing.

some cool blends. tip of the cap for subway. mix was good and its such a tune. loved it with terroist's amens in the back.
bonaza kid & rtype was swish too. reckon i'll be having a go at that one.
fire&water - medicine - loved it.
medicine - truley one was awesome. sat really well with med.
shit dog! when shape the future came in. yes mang!

Nice one AJ, appreciate you taking the time to listen and leave a few thoughts.
First time i've really tried to record any older bits in a mix, so glad you enjoyed it mate! Most of these barely come out of their sleeves before this.

Will hopefully post something a bit more techy in the near future, got something big in the offing for the next one.

Thanks again for listening bro (y)

PHHHHWAR cant turn down a tracklist like this can i !
brilliant opener, the way Vocal Tune cut is was fab, the drums went over each other really well, could just hear Atlantis tickling away at the back
Renegade obv ear catcher / demon track but with Subway climbing ontop was a real nice compliment..
thought Bonanza Kid came in abit sudden, needed the ID on that track for years ! got it on a white vinyl and never known the name, so cheers for that !
but the next mix with R - Type was class, just before it went into the break down it sounded amazing
Then Alien Girl walked nicely over West Way, there were certainly parts they were talking at the same time which was great !
Im not fond of the Andy C remix, but sounded ace when Watermelon came in - then the Matrix remix later oh boy ! gotta love that track, then QUEST !! OI OI!!
nice lil teaser with that and then Shape the Future to end, very delicious - took me back, tidy mix :)

Tracklist looks wicked. Will be the next mix I listen to & will get back to you with some feedback when I can fit it in :teeth:

Big up Mark mate...hope this goes down well :)

PHHHHWAR cant turn down a tracklist like this can i !
brilliant opener, the way Vocal Tune cut is was fab, the drums went over each other really well, could just hear Atlantis tickling away at the back
Renegade obv ear catcher / demon track but with Subway climbing ontop was a real nice compliment..
thought Bonanza Kid came in abit sudden, needed the ID on that track for years ! got it on a white vinyl and never known the name, so cheers for that !
but the next mix with R - Type was class, just before it went into the break down it sounded amazing
Then Alien Girl walked nicely over West Way, there were certainly parts they were talking at the same time which was great !
Im not fond of the Andy C remix, but sounded ace when Watermelon came in - then the Matrix remix later oh boy ! gotta love that track, then QUEST !! OI OI!!
nice lil teaser with that and then Shape the Future to end, very delicious - took me back, tidy mix :)

Yes Danny! Love the feedback mate, glad you enjoyed this as much as I did mixing it!

Interesting you say about Firefox - Bonanza Kid, until I posted this mix I never knew what it was either! One of my mates ID'd it straight away which was a stroke of luck. Sick tune though.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and feedback Danny. Repped :)
One of your mixes is still on rotation with a few others on the Ipod atm btw! Vibes!

Anyone else?

Here we go then Agent Smith. The comments box is only 2 inches high today. It vastly underestimates what is in store :D

Larvly intro with Atlantis. Vocal Tune starts to make itself known, bit of a sharp switch, but kept the energy levels going. Terrorist's hooks start stringing the mix together, chopped back to the breakbeaty Vocal Tune & back again was nice. Enjoying the crackle here. Flavours of Subway are already in I take it. Not familiar with Subway. Liked the way you dropped Terrorist back a little for the eery Subway to do its thing. The simplistic bass bounces were simple but effective in that. Western style strings started to vibe in, then theres the bass for Bonanza Kid. Kicked mix with that & Subway + my favourite mix so far. R Types distinctive hooks start making there way in, for the chopped up drums in Bonanza Kid & R Type to roll nicely together. Slappy drums of West Way briefly make their way into the mix for West Way to drop on its own, smashing its way through the ride. Mmm, there is Alien Girl! Another wicked mix with that & West Way, essence of the previous Ed Rush notes pushing their way into the Ed Rush colab. Second fav mix so far. Ooo, recognisable Circles rmx making its way in off the tail end of Alien Girls first part. Not completely aware of what the rmx sounds like & its in. A different spin on the original to say the least & there Watermelon is :) Watermelon drops half way through a 32 bar section :-/ only a minor thing, mix is tight though.

Anticipating the Fire & Water mix to be... well, fire! Its distinctive hooks start coming in with the vocal whispering its arrival. I have this on an old tape & brings back memories of first hearing it. Switching it for the full effect of Fire & Water is nice, as that tune needs the full effect on the drop. Medicine rmx starts flooding into the mix with its echoy high end & deep bass rumbles. The mix with Medicine rmx & bringing Fire & Water back in briefly was epic. Beats my previous two fav bits of your mix :) Medicine rmx - Quest tease really worked, dropping Medicine rmx back a notch for Quest to push through. Hadn't noticed the different bass for the second drop of Medicine rmx everytime I have played it myself & only just noticed it in your mix. Wicked hearing the original Truly One too. Heard the rmx SO much more, prefer the original now. And exceptional respect for putting To Shape The Future rmx in your mix. That tune is something else! I have it & must start playing it more. My copy is cut at 33rpm, with 3 other tunes on that vinyl & have tended to mix it less as it was cut at 33, but have been picking up a fair handful of tunes cut at 33 so gotta get back on the TSTF again ;) Wicked final mix, letting TSTF build with its intro, bringing the bass from Truly One back in with its vocals & all, the drop of TSTF, then bringing Truly One back in for some more bass wizardry.

Not heard Vocal Tune, Subway, West Way or the Circles rmx before, which made for some back catalogue teaching as the mix progressed. Quality mix Agent Smith! Loved the transition from the back-in-the-day intro of Atlantis, bringing things forward slightly, but mostly all falling into the 'classic' group of tunes. Fair play man! Thoroughly enjoable. 100% vinyl too. I knew you hadn't made the switch either yet

big tings! you make up for the length of the mix with a great selection, safe to say they're all classics. flow was really nice, like the way you played with fire and water too i've gone straight onto discogs for that one. would love to hear a 30 min set if you're gonna do one for the comp... big ups as always stuuuu!

really good man, mixing was tight, selection spot on.

not much more to add really. how much did you pay on discogs for the shape the future remix?

downloading stoo

Nice one Dan, enjoy.

Here we go then Agent Smith. The comments box is only 2 inches high today. It vastly underestimates what is in store :D

Larvly intro with Atlantis. Vocal Tune starts to make itself known, bit of a sharp switch, but kept the energy levels going. Terrorist's hooks start stringing the mix together, chopped back to the breakbeaty Vocal Tune & back again was nice. Enjoying the crackle here. Flavours of Subway are already in I take it. Not familiar with Subway. Liked the way you dropped Terrorist back a little for the eery Subway to do its thing. The simplistic bass bounces were simple but effective in that. Western style strings started to vibe in, then theres the bass for Bonanza Kid. Kicked mix with that & Subway + my favourite mix so far. R Types distinctive hooks start making there way in, for the chopped up drums in Bonanza Kid & R Type to roll nicely together. Slappy drums of West Way briefly make their way into the mix for West Way to drop on its own, smashing its way through the ride. Mmm, there is Alien Girl! Another wicked mix with that & West Way, essence of the previous Ed Rush notes pushing their way into the Ed Rush colab. Second fav mix so far. Ooo, recognisable Circles rmx making its way in off the tail end of Alien Girls first part. Not completely aware of what the rmx sounds like & its in. A different spin on the original to say the least & there Watermelon is :) Watermelon drops half way through a 32 bar section :-/ only a minor thing, mix is tight though.

Anticipating the Fire & Water mix to be... well, fire! Its distinctive hooks start coming in with the vocal whispering its arrival. I have this on an old tape & brings back memories of first hearing it. Switching it for the full effect of Fire & Water is nice, as that tune needs the full effect on the drop. Medicine rmx starts flooding into the mix with its echoy high end & deep bass rumbles. The mix with Medicine rmx & bringing Fire & Water back in briefly was epic. Beats my previous two fav bits of your mix :) Medicine rmx - Quest tease really worked, dropping Medicine rmx back a notch for Quest to push through. Hadn't noticed the different bass for the second drop of Medicine rmx everytime I have played it myself & only just noticed it in your mix. Wicked hearing the original Truly One too. Heard the rmx SO much more, prefer the original now. And exceptional respect for putting To Shape The Future rmx in your mix. That tune is something else! I have it & must start playing it more. My copy is cut at 33rpm, with 3 other tunes on that vinyl & have tended to mix it less as it was cut at 33, but have been picking up a fair handful of tunes cut at 33 so gotta get back on the TSTF again ;) Wicked final mix, letting TSTF build with its intro, bringing the bass from Truly One back in with its vocals & all, the drop of TSTF, then bringing Truly One back in for some more bass wizardry.

Not heard Vocal Tune, Subway, West Way or the Circles rmx before, which made for some back catalogue teaching as the mix progressed. Quality mix Agent Smith! Loved the transition from the back-in-the-day intro of Atlantis, bringing things forward slightly, but mostly all falling into the 'classic' group of tunes. Fair play man! Thoroughly enjoable. 100% vinyl too. I knew you hadn't made the switch either yet

Yes wicked mate, love the detail as always in your feedback.
Was hoping someone would pick up on the Watermelon mix, I personally think that the Circles Remix has 24 bars of a phrase after it drops initially into like a mini drop and change...bit of a strange one & crap at explaining these kind of things
Won't be switching from Vinyl anytime soon you know this.
Glad you liked the selection, some favourites of mine in there that need to get played more often!

Big ups pal. hopefully my next mix will be done and dusted in a short while :)

big tings! you make up for the length of the mix with a great selection, safe to say they're all classics. flow was really nice, like the way you played with fire and water too i've gone straight onto discogs for that one. would love to hear a 30 min set if you're gonna do one for the comp... big ups as always stuuuu!

Yes Jack! Love Fire & Water. Pretty much a must have in my opinion.
Nice one for listening again mate, got a couple of mixes in the offing so hopefully will get them finished soon.

Oh & hope you enjoyed Hardware! couldn't reach in the end got a fackin' dodgy ear!

Ez.

really good man, mixing was tight, selection spot on.

not much more to add really. how much did you pay on discogs for the shape the future remix?

I actually bought a load of records a few years ago off a mate who virtually sold his entire collection.
Incredibly he was looking for a quick sale, so the majority of stuff I got was half the price it is now.
My copy of TSTF was on that old Metalheadz LP with Swarm which was £15. Probably worth a little more than that now.

Nice one for listening and commenting as always James.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom