Clarity, Overlook, Ruffhouse, Stray, Bredren, Flatliners, Homemade Weapons, Gremlinz

Afek_One

VIP Junglist
They need their own thread. What do we call it? I think it's militant minimal. Subtle, but straight war music.

Re: Clarity, Overlook, Ruffhouse, Stray, Bredren, Flatliners, Homemade Weapons, Greml

so the 'Militant Minimal thread'

sounds cool.

delete this shit brutha n start again!

Re: Clarity, Overlook, Ruffhouse, Stray, Bredren, Flatliners, Homemade Weapons, Greml

Should be named after the two most important elements in the tunes imo

Survey and Jaydrop in the mix too. Pure danger

say no to pigeonholing!

I don't think this threads a bad idea at all, it doesn't require us to agree on what to call it, if anything. But we know the sound the title refers to, so to have a thread to discuss forthcoming and previous tracks in this style is only helpful.

I don't think this threads a bad idea at all, it doesn't require us to agree on.

agree on something!

on dnbforum :rofl: u mad bro?

this type of dnb has been the highlight of the past few years for me, especially lately but i think too many would fall into the category while a lot would be somewhere inbetween and get overlooked or wrongly labelled.. i just class these kind of producers, clarity ruffhouse with others who are making the darker kind of dnb like overlook, fre4knc, cern, jubei, m-zine & scepticz

but if were looking mostly at that clarity, ruffhouse style id take gremlinz out of there and maybe add in loxy & resound, thing, indigo, ( apostrophe' - thought their ep was decent on break fast recently),

then there is those on the fringe like tom small, the untouchables, gremlinz, the proximity label releases, j. robinson, fre4knc & mind mapper

SHOE THROWING MUSIC

After I played my homies after dark they said.

GOES HARDER THAN A WET DAY IN BLACKPOOL MUSIC.

but ofcourse its dnb war/militant/minimal is just a way to describe it

This type of half time stuff is the main reason I still listen to dnb. I don't play many rollers anymore. Loxy's selection is a big influence on me. I just think it's fair to give it it's own sub genre. To me, it's very tribal, and is just battle music without the cliche. There's beauty in subtlety and this music captures it, IMO.

I love this type of stuff too. Where is the dang Cylon LP for crying out loud.

both i think. but yeah this LP is taking far too long considering they sent off masters tiiiiiime ago

Back
Top Bottom