Clarity in the mix (half step vs dnb)

Dissiopathic

hi everybody!
I've noticed that when i compose half step tune, everything sound great, like a pro..
But when i work on dnb everything is lost in the mix..

I don't overrate my skill, when i work with less bpm my music really is so brilliant to me..
I don't understand what is wrong in my producing approach to dnb.. I'm frustated..

Anybody else noticed this?:-/

Rythems are different bass wise, drum wise, fx wise, its a whole new ball park, yeah you use the same sort of sounds drums and frequency bands, but the bass' are doing different tings. Overcome the problem? develop many more bass' oriented for full time and learn how to mix with music in general, your half time sounds better cause theres so much more air and breathing space. if you posted tracks you made then im sure people could help you more.. good luck

Halfstep 90 bpm, dnb usually at 172.. Really i don't know how to overcome this problem..
Ummm...

Anyway it is not the tempo because maths. Usually the half step stuff has less going on with the drums, so it gives everything else room to breath, including the drums.

Ummm...

Anyway it is not the tempo because maths. Usually the half step stuff has less going on with the drums, so it gives everything else room to breath, including the drums.

Yeah, i'm sure this is the problem, with all that drums there isn't space to breath.. Mixing problem.. The only one thing that i can do is to persevere and find new tips!

Yeah, i'm sure this is the problem, with all that drums there isn't space to breath.. Mixing problem.. The only one thing that i can do is to persevere and find new tips!
It is true, there is no one situation for any mixing problem. You need to just rely on your ears to mix the track. I would suggest running all your drums through a gate when making drum and bass. The amount of control a gate offers is extraordinary.

Back
Top Bottom