DnB Christmas Crackers

gooders91

Thought i'd put a little mix together for Christmas. This was the first time i recorded it,
there were a few areas i felt that i could have done the eq a bit better.
Would of recorded it again but couldn't be fucked so here it is...

Mixed on 2 NDX 800's and a Behringer VMX 200

Tracklist:

Generator By Mind Vortex
Take That By Dc Breaks
Hit The Ground By Loadstar
Sabotage By Futurebound Vs Metrik
Abort By Delta Heavy
Mind Over Matter By Optiv & BTK
Back In The Grind (Cern & Dabs Mix) By Octane & DLR
Backlash By Optiv & BTK
Stomp By Subfocus
Someone By Friction
Do You Love By Sigma
Tonight By Wilkinson
Protection By Culture Shock
In The Future Camo & Krooked
Echoes By Hamilton

Stream: http://www.mixcloud.com/goodwing1/christmas-crackers/

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxfpxf

Generator By Mind Vortex - great intro to open with. cant stand those vocals on the track tho.
Take That By Dc Breaks - good eq here.
Hit The Ground By Loadstar - again its good with the eqing. not 100% on the tracks together tho.
Sabotage By Futurebound Vs Metrik - liked this, they worked well. should have cut hit the ground out slightly earlier to clean the blend a lil. if u know where i mean.
Abort By Delta Heavy - liked that switch was wicked.
Mind Over Matter By Optiv & BTK - whoa, honestly this was too much, so many diff twists and stabs they couldnt possibly work, the eq was done nice and sounded as good as u were gonna get them to fuse but they just sat on top of each other in a bit of a frenzy for me.
Back In The Grind (Cern & Dabs Mix) By Octane & DLR - not bad. theres a lot going on but it worked. could have made some nice switches to back in the grind at the end of some of the bars.
Backlash By Optiv & BTK - not bad, i would have left out the basslines together, the into was cool but i didn't like them dropping with each other.
Stomp By Subfocus - cool. less bass and mid on backlash tho
Someone By Friction - was cool, nice and smooth good transition. the actualy track wants me to punch dogs and babies tho.
Do You Love By Sigma - great mix. best one so far i think, shame i hate this track too. no offence.
Tonight By Wilkinson - nice blend man.
Protection By Culture Shock - came in really nice during the breakdown. eq sounds good too. the drop was cool.
In The Future Camo & Krooked - was ok, its a real shame the vocals clashed otherwise it would have been really good. terrible track tho.
Echoes By Hamilton - really liked this over the breakdown of in the future. didn't think the drums worked aswell together tho. less mid i think on echoes, in the future was getting left behind a lil.

nice lil mix man. eq work was real nice, track placement was spot on. selection was a bit synth pop for my personal tastes, couple of more serious tracks in the middle there to break it up a bit, well played. but selection is always personal preference so each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom