DnB Christina Perri- Jar of Hearts (W3st Remix)

im liking the intro not a big fan of the arpeggiated synth that comes in around 0.44, and im not too sure the vocals work outside the intro?.... maybe just my opinion

Very good indeed! I rather like the arp though I think it's used a little too much and is perhaps slightly to loud in the mix, that element and something about the warmth of the bass reminds me of "Golden Brown" by the stranglers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7R7q1lSZfs&ob=av2e . I think the voice does work in the main body of the track but somehow needs to be beded in somehow. I don't think the glitch on the vocals works though sounds like an afterthought. I love the interaction of the piano and vocal on the breakdown 2:10 to 3:40 beautifull.

yer the levels sound alright to me, to me the vocals didnt flow in the midsection.... but the breakdown redeems it all, really fantastic breakdown pal!

nusphere, youre right it does! Great song by the way :) Ok, I definitely did notice the arp being a little loud, and the vocals not being so embedded... still working on my eqing abilities there. Any tips on how to embed it?

Thanks for all the help guys, very much appreciated!

I'm a big fan of the original, so I may be quite critical. But if this is done right it could work well.....

Not keen on the arpeggiated synth, sounds too cheesy and happy, and the style of the original is quite morbid and dark, maybe you should try and stick to the roots of the track and keep it minimal and deep. I like the half time segment, that works well, but overall I'm not too keen, sorry, just my taste I guess....

Listening again and I recon the arp and the vocals clash slightly, I think this is probably reason the vocals are not quite fitting in the main body. If you remove the arp when this vocal is playing things may sound smoother, and give the vocal more space, also could try subtly side-chaining high musical and high percussive sounds i.e. hats shakers etc with the vocal as the trigger again giving the vocal more room this would need to be real subtle.

Back
Top Bottom