Choose Your Weapon

Cool tune, just sounds overly compressed to me and a bit samey, but even then I still quite like it.

Nice bassline! There is a weird sub bass hit when the snare hits, is that supposed to be there? The snare isn't really snappy enough. I'd layer another high mid frequency snare on top as it doesn't cut through enough.

The melody creates a nice suspense.

Thanks guys. Does it sound over compressed? I havent compressed anything except the kick, snare and a little bit on the mid bass. will have a look though....

thanks gloxxy. it shall be done! i'll have a look at dding something in and taking away some of the lower snare fq!

Hat sound really high passed you need some chunkier ones and a dirty one even if it's no audiable (but you still miss it when you mute the track). For my personal taste the kick and snare aren't loud enough in the mix, maybe pick a new snare too. Basically your drums have a lot of air but not much energy or drive.

In terms of the bass it's got good low end but there and I like the ping pong saws but I think it needs something dirty inbetween the low bass and the saws, a filtered square maybe.

Like the rest tho, hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom