[Chill-post-idkstep] Experimentations

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fatkidscantjump, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Hey its me u missed me yeah? yeah? ok nvm

huehue so i got a little bit tired and writer's blocked of dnb, i tried this kind of bondax/mount kimbie/chillstep genre nobody knows how to call.

its not dnb so i'll understand if there's not a lot of comments etc but since this forum and community are really nice and always gave me good feedbacks and constructive criticism i post it here.. hope u guys dont mind.

peace

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Every body should make other genres.
    That organ sound is a bit over powering. Usual complaint with you is you need to be more dynamic. Other than than I enjoyed the song.

3. Elzerk

Elzerk 00111100 00110011

Yep, the organ is a bit too much, make it a tad more interesting.

4. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

thanks for the feedback guys !

yes i wanted to get that sound with that kind of "fullness" that envelop your ears but its a bit too loud i can hear it now. And i should definitely modulate it more. I'll work on it and keep that in mind for future :)

thanks !

5. troublemakers

troublemakers Origins Unknown

The organ is just a little to drone-ish... nice laid back tune though...

6. Caldeth

Caldeth Member

Really awesome flow to it, I have to agree on the organ part being a bit too loud, should stay in the background more I think..

7. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Okay thanks all of you for the feedback :)

I made a new version. Changed second part and lowered organ volume. Added some few things here and there. It should be the same link in the first post, but if it's not, here it is.

It may still needs more variation but well.. i dont know i guess i like it how it is
    Also i tried to master it, is it any good? decent? terrible? terribad? lol

anyways thanks all of you for listening / feedback etc it's really appreciated :)

edit : if player doesnt work click on the souncloud link, i deleted precedent track and uploaded the new version with the same name so it may be a bit buggy.

8. neddez

neddez Member

pretty cool vibes man

really like the lil drop where you cut it out then boom
    but when you did that i was hoping it'd be an ongoing thing

eg. build build build -cut- drop then -cut- again after 4/8 bars

hope that makes sense

also some variation in that lil female vocal, maybe modulate a lowpass filter on it a little bit, just to keep it interesting. little tweaks are always good

9. troublemakers

Indeed they are, they can actually polish a track off nicely..

I dig the break you made here, it's nice and steppy..

10. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

I know what you mean. I thought about that, but i dont know i felt like if its been repeated too much it will loose the interest and surprise from it.
    As for the female vocal, there is already a filter modulation on it, but since its 1 bar long (i believe) and it repeats, it doesnt feel like it haha.

I think i'm done with this track but i'll try to keep all you guys feedback in mind for the next one :)
    thanks a lot everyone

ps : any criticism on the master?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  11. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

bump, any thoughts on the master? should i keep mastering myself or is it better to let tracks unmastered and occasionally pay for a professional master when i think i have a really good track going on ?
    any feedback would be much appreciated :)

12. troublemakers

Technically, you aren't Mastering like you think you are. I doubt you have the equipment to do so but having said that. Your mixdowns are REALLY good. I see you like to work like me, you get your sounds as good as you can before the final stages. That is huge in my book and like i said, your mixdowns are fantastic! Of course it's minimal so not a lot going on but dude, seriously your tracks are clean! For mp3 and internet purposes, do it yourself man, the sound is perfectly fine, i would only pay for mastering if going to vinyl or if you get signed to a label that suggests it..

13. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Well basically, i export my mixdown in wav.
    Then I open the wav in Logic as a new "stereo masterisation" project. I work with Chan EQ, Multimeter, Multiple Compressor, and Adaptive Limiter. I thought that was mastering lol, my bad then.

Well thanks you anyways, yeah on this one there is not a lot of stuff going on, i belive i have 24 different tracks but max 15 are playing in the same time so yeah :)

14. djnewton

djnewton No comment

love this track. I don't know much about the mastering things and i'm lisening on crappy head phones at the mo anyway. Its nice. I like the the voice "uh ud uh"

15. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

thanks mate !