[Chill-ambientStep?] N/A - Lucid .

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by AcidShroom, Sep 16, 2012.

1. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

Heya, i just finished the layout of my tune and it needs some fixes thoo , but I need a more experienced ear to show me the direction tho ...

Would like feedback! :D

With regards,
    AcidShroom

2. oversight

oversight Member

nice synths in the intro, bass sounds nice too

really nice vibe in this

could do with more fx/ more going on to keep interesting in the intro imo.

snare could do with a bit more high end, its all punch and no snap which im not sure suites the style of this tune

the white noisey fxy bits are too dry/ need more processing imo, they stick out a bit.

i really like the vibe of this tho mate i would definitely listen to this

3. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

Glad you dig the vibe of it! :D

Yes, i will add FX and make the intro a bit longer aswell as the breakdown, but how to add a bit more high end to the snare? boost the snares high end with EQ?

And the white noise fx, u meant the riser or the oceanic white noise effect?

4. nusphere

nusphere Member

Yeah nice vibe, sounds a bit woolly though, I think you need to remove un-needed frequencies with eq a bit more. To get more snap on a snare you can overlay a high frequency percussive sound could be a open hat, a clap or a hit of white noise (perhaps with a bit of reverb) again make sure you cut all the lower frequencies from this new component below 1500 hertz or perhaps much higher up to 8000 Hertz so you just get the top end to add to the frequencies already present in the snare.

5. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

quite feeling the atmospheres in this tune mate, love the dark melody. would love for the drums to have more fills or builds, maybe clap with big reverb that sort of thing! just me tho

6. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

A reverbish clap would be a good idea, gonna give it a shot! :D Thanks for the feedback!

7. pattycake

pattycake Member

Really enjoyed this but I'd like it a lot more with some more rhythmical percussion, its sounding good though. Loads of emotion. Piano <3

8. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

Thanks for the feedback, yes, i've already added some congos to the percussion n such! :D