Chewing gum on Vinyl

Hazee

Too much is never enough
Some fucker has put chewing gum inside 1 of my record sleeves and it has stuck right onto the vinyl under the weight of the other vinyls :lol:
What's the best way to remove it and will it damage the vinyl?

knock him the fuck out with the vinyl

then rob the money off him to by another copy

i can't see ice damaging vinyl, it's only water and i've washed some of my records before. i think maybe freezing the record, then the chuddy should just pop right off, but you might have to give the area a good clean after

The gum is just over halfway on the record, I tried yo play it and was rushing to get a mix in before the gum smashed my needle up :lol:

ouch! so not only has he fucked up one of your tunes he's also mashed up one of your needles, what a cunt!!

Also, i'd check this before trying as I'm not really basing this on any concrete knowledge, but i think vinyl cleaning fluid might help get it off if your careful how you do it. The stuff I got smells like its made with that methylated spirit stuff and I swear I remember hearing you can get rid of chewing gum with that stuff somewhere. But seriously ask some other people bout that if your gonna try it I don't wanna be responsible for doing even more damage to your tune lol!

Last edited:
Some fucker has put chewing gum inside 1 of my record sleeves and it has stuck right onto the vinyl under the weight of the other vinyls :lol:

Rub his face in the vinyl and make him squirm.

Would be equally as satisfying doing this and then having to buy a new one.

I personally prefer the more immature/childish approach, i.e. now i get to put chewing gum on one of your vinyl and so on and so forth.

i got mates like that, it pisses me off cos they dont understand that its like me going into their room and pissing on the bed! ithink ice is probably your best bet mate, worst that can happen is it wont work, water doesnt do damage to vinyl

you can get that "liquid nitrogen in a spray" thing for warts and shizzle. if u got no freezer a couple of bursts of the spray should freeze that chewing gum good!

Back
Top Bottom