Cherry Bomb mp3

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by The69thDynasty, Feb 25, 2005.

1. The69thDynasty

The69thDynasty Member

hey people,

been i while since i been on here! basically ive been workin on this tune and i want some feeedbaaack! would be very much appreciated! basically i wanna know what u think of the tune, the tunes switches, eq-in, levels etc. so if u guys and gals can spare 3mins 42secs of ur time ull be helpin me out! thanks alot
    the link.....
    www.greencigar.co.uk/thirddynasty/cherrybomb.mp3

2. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

(y) good track for home listening.

Couple of observations:

Bearing in mind it's def a listening track and not a banging dancefloor tune, maybe you might consider making it a bit less DJ friendly?? IE taking away the hi hats from the intro and replacing them with something a bit more unusual.

Needs a more dramatic fill just before the bass comes in... one reversed cymbal sounds a bit week... maybe a small vocal sample or something....?

On your main drum loop, there's a real tinny kinda jungle loop in the background - really needs to be gated!!!

Overall mixdown could use some basic mastering... Waves L2 for example...

3. The69thDynasty

The69thDynasty Member

cheers fella,
    yeah it definately needs a more dramatic break before the drop and i see what ur sayin about a vocal. was planning to put somethin in there, just gotta find somethin! whats this Wave L2? geussin its a masterin tool, ill look out for it. the loop behind the drums... r u on about the break? i was thinkin of changin the break, do u reckon i should just fiddle around with the one thats already there?

cheers again