Chemical

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by klusta, Mar 7, 2002.

1. klusta

klusta Pulsar

the site is down at the moment, I think there are too many refreshin for metrosound to turn up!

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

LOL :D I was thinkin' the same thing!!

3. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

It's back :D

4. klusta

klusta Pulsar

Thank fuck, anyone after metrosound by any chance?

5. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

No? :D

6. klusta

klusta Pulsar

nor me, I bet it won't even get put up there.....I tell everyone is after it......beware of the dogs

7. Caution

Caution dnbforum.com

And when it does you can always be sure that some cock will post something like "ATTN ALL DOGS - METROSOUND @ CHEMICAL" on DOA so they will all be gone in a flash bought by your below average bedroom dj and keeping them out of the hands of the people who do genuinely play out / do radio on a regular basis. Sometimes I wish that the UK online shops would hold the whites for the UK crew. There must be drum and bass record shops all over the states, europe etc so why let them bite into our allowcation of promos for the UK.

I know its the only fair way to do it but it just makes it harder for the UK crew to get by. No offence non UK crew. Just an observation.

8. klusta

klusta Pulsar

Your absolutly bang on there Caution, can't do anything about it though.
    :(

9. Caution

Caution dnbforum.com

Got your mail this morning. I'll wait for confirmation from the top bods before I sort everything out. I didn't realise Tuesday is the night so I'll have to sort out a massive complex plan to get to the venue as I can't see any of my crew wanting to venture out that far on a Tuesday (esp if theres no ££££'s involved). Should be fun though...........

:D

10. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Check,

Nice one Chemical :D

11. Arrow Jay

Arrow Jay Member

Metrosound is currently on eBay for £65.00!!!!!!!!!

12. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

0 x bcruk002 - Bad Company - Rush Hour / Blind - £5.33 !!!TITLE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK!!!
    1 x form12095 - Bassline Smith & Drumsound - Lazor Razor / Kilo - £5.33
    0 x kaos001 - Adam F & J Majik - Metrosound - £5.33 !!!TITLE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK!!!

Gutted :(

13. klusta

klusta Pulsar

Same here, got in there well early aswell :(

14. Caution

Caution dnbforum.com

I missed them too at Chemical. Got my order in at 14.09. I did get the Swift ep on Blade though which I quite like. I already have Slimeball and Razor Laser so i'll just pick up Rush Hour and Metrosound tomorrow.

Still look on the bright side lads, Razor Laser is pretty wicked.

15. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Aye :D

Hopefully I might be able to catch them on Red Eye or Juno tonight.. We'll see!

16. Caution

Caution dnbforum.com

Red Eye sold out in one minute. I heard somewhere that they had been and gone at Juno as well.

17. klusta

klusta Pulsar

Mirage is all sold out aswell, man this promo online game is getting worse!

18. Caution

Caution dnbforum.com

It bothers me a bit cos I know that half the people who buy them online these days will never take them out of the bedroom to play them in a club / on radio etc. No offence to the bedroom dj's but I always thought that the idea of a promo was for PROMOTIONAL purposes (ie club play / radio) so people will clock the forthcoming tunes and think "yeah, I like that i'll buy it when it comes out". I cant see how a tune is promoted if its only played to four walls.

People like to get the promos these days so they can shout about it online to give themselves status and seen as a better dj on public message boards / top ten charts etc. At the end of the day its all about status. There are entire threads out there which just say "Got so and so's track today" and thats it. No opinion about how good it is or why they like it, just a message to tell people that they own the tune. Look at me, im cool type business.

I've posted on here about opinions of tunes that i've been sent from the mailing lists that I get stuff from but I feel that its justified as we are a small tight comunity and I value most of your opinions. Its not like im asking the opinions of 7000 strangers that aren't too clued up in the first place. To be honest I think this site needs as many threads as it can get at the moment to keep things fresh and entice new members (which may I say is improving by the day, big up everyone involved) which is why I do it. Big sites like DOA can survive happily wihout these sort of threads that are only written to boost peoples ego's.

Back to promo's, I think that one way that things could be improved is for the online shops to stop sending the whites abroad. America etc gets its fair share of promo's but a lot of countries rely on our online shops for there promo fix. The promos that are sent to UK shops should remain in the UK and the promos that are sent elsewhere should stay there too. It makes me wonder how much of our allowcation gets sent to foriegn lands.

From now on its just going to get harder to get the tunes. Drum and bass is cool again (copyright mixmag) which means more clueless people in the scene looking for status so brace yourself as things are gonna get worse before they (and if they) get better.

19. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I'm backing Caution 100% on that statement!

Saying that, I don't play any 'big' events at the moment, but I'm getting more interest as the weeks go by. I should be playing out live 5-6 times a month now. Rich, Mike, and myself also had a chat to a dude that is doing an event in London, that'll be sweet! On top of those, I also have Break Pirates every Sunday :D

I never used to shop for promos, I'd just wait for the general release, but since I've been looking into getting promos, I can see exactly where Caution is coming from! It's a problem that is only going to get worse :(

Shame too, as it is nice to be able to play out and pop an unreleased choon into the mix, gives the crowd a nice surprise :)

The UK only promos is a wicked idea, but I can't see shops going for it. The other idea is mailing lists with shops maybe, but it would be hard to track which DJs are real etc. So I doubt that would ever happen either :(

I don't think what I've said solves anything, just tells you how it is for me! My two cents.. AYE! :p

20. Caution

Caution dnbforum.com

Thanx for the support on DOA, Stuuu.

Hopefully more peeps will look at that and think the same thing. Only me and you so far though. heh.:D