Chemical 20% off sale

alphaF

Looks like chemical is having another 20% off vinyl and CDs this weekend thru next week. Expires Feb 1, 2013.

Promo Code: JAN2013

ban2202.jpg

Last edited:
Got myself

Escher - Rugged / Late Snare
TEED - Househould Goods(Enei Remix) / Garden (Calibre Remix)

:burn:

crap! i just brought stuff yesterday

This is the 2nd time in a row I've ordered something and the next day they've released a money-off code - I even had an inkling they'd do one this weekend as well! Do you reckon they'd allow you to cancel your order and then reorder the same thing? They're Friday shipping items, so they haven't been dispatched yet.

This is the 2nd time in a row I've ordered something and the next day they've released a money-off code - I even had an inkling they'd do one this weekend as well! Do you reckon they'd allow you to cancel your order and then reorder the same thing? They're Friday shipping items, so they haven't been dispatched yet.

Email them saying youve decided against buying them, ask them to remove them from your order if you cant do it yourself, and refund you the money. then just buy them again. however they might take long doing it and may miss the code, and end up taking longer for you records to get to you.

Anyone know if this code aplies in store as well?

Tbh these constant 20% off's just show how much of a greedy markup there is on vinyl...

I take it you're suggesting that stores like chemical are putting the price up and it's not the lables putting a mark up on, right?

I take it you're suggesting that stores like chemical are putting the price up and it's not the lables putting a mark up on, right?

Yeah its the stores 100%. If they actually gave 2 shits about vinyl still staying alive they'd just lower their prices instead of these 20%'s off all the time. They just make it look like theyre doing you a favor but your still getting raped.

Anyone know how much it actually costs a label to press a certain amount of plates? Obviously the label do their own mark up when selling to stores, would be interesting to know how much the stores get them for

- - - Updated - - -

is there one going ahead atm?

apparently so. jack posted the code in the first page

Even if there is some mark up by the record stores it cant be that much. The difference in price between surus and chemical is around 99p which isnt that much imo. However we should all take a minute to consider Tanmushimushi of Mushi Mushi records in Nottingham. This guy charges insane mark up on all his records, i'm sure he even sells the individual plates of LP's for the same price as a normal store would charge for it as a collective in the shop. Crazy

Exhibit A
http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Madvillain-Madvillainy/97899501?ev=bp_titl

Exhibit B
http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Nebula-Astral-Soul/83307056?ev=bp_titl

Exhibit C
http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Tokyo-Prose-Phil-Tangent-Parity-Rearview/71053820?ev=bp_titl

Back
Top Bottom