Chemcial Records = Thieving Bastards.

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
Okay so basically, there I was browsing the forum yesterday early afternoon when the dnb forum crewdem were kind enough to bring to my attention that the new Shogun - Evolution EP was now avaliable on promo to order from Chemical Records (I would have used Redeye but they had already sold out).

So I went on to Chemical, which I've used possibly once before in the past, and found that luckily the EP was still in stock, so I ordered my copy which duely appeared in the online shopping cart. The total cost of purchasing the EP alone, including VAT and shipping, seemed rather pricy so I decided to try and save myself a few pennies by also ordering two other single vinyls, spreading the cost of the postage across a larger number of records.

Everything seemed fine, I selected the parcelforce next day shipping method (which is another issue I will come back to), I paid the total fee via my debit card and all appeared to be well, I was really looking forward to coming home (today) and playing the new records, especially the Shogun EP.

However when the records arrived today (serivce which I had purposefully paid for so no bonus points here I'm afraid), only the two singles which I purchased to try and SAVE money on the order had come through.

On the included invoice, Chemical explained how the Shogun EP was no longer in stock and so I had not been charged for it as part of my order.

This now resulted in a £17.66 charge for the two remaining singles (including £5.00 postage fee) which is getting on for £9 PER VINYL ... which is fucking ridiculous considering I could have picked them up from my local record shop for £6 each.

As well as now being forced to pay an extortionate amount of money for these two records, I've completely missed the chance to pick up the Shogun EP as it's sold out everywhere else.

What I'm really angry at is that at no point during the entire purchase process, before Chemical took my money from my bank account, did they feel the need to let me know the Shogun EP wasn't even in stock, and give me the option of continuing with the purchase of the other two records at a new price.

I can understand on an online shopping system these kind of errors can occur where say 5 people try and order the same product within the space of the same minute, but to actually take my money off me without clarifying the situation first just completely takes the piss in my opinion.

On top of this, why am I paying £5 for parcelforce next day delivery when, as somebody posted in the Shogun Evolution EP thread, they selected the standard delivery option for just £2 and recieved their records on the same day as me?!

It just takes the piss on so many levels and after ringing up Chemical and complaining, it is clear they're eager to do absolutely fuck all about it to rectify the situation, I just got a lecture about the logistics of the company and their ordering system, but at the end of the day, don't let your customers believe they are buying something that you don't even have, let them know the situation before you take their fucking money for an order they haven't even agreed to.

Not a haps nifty, Chemcial can go and fuck themselves after this.

Weird, chemical have always been pretty good for me if i'm honest. Sorry for your boggle citizen.
I'll play my copy of the Evolution extra hard to make up for you losses :clown:

Weird, chemical have always been pretty good for me if i'm honest. Sorry for your boggle citizen.
I'll play my copy of the Evolution extra hard to make up for you losses :clown:

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS lol

I'm over it now, but still, really takes the piss I think.

feel ur pain man! this happened to me with something i thought was in stock from chemical about a year ago!
u thought they would let u know its no longer in stock and ask u what u wanna do with ur order! its just common courtesy!

i used the £2 delivery, fuck yeah its cheap but u are risking it a little, i dont think u have any kind of argument if it doesn't turn up!

i think ive had service issues with all of the major online stores at some point. by far i think juno has the best customer service, but then they are the most expensive!

Not specific to Chemical but any courier offers a level of service they will 'guarantee' so if you NEED it tomorrow you choose option (a) otherwise you get option (b) which they guarantee to turn up within say 5 days. The fact those that pay for option (b) get it next day is a bonus to them, not a disservice to you !

And are you saying they charged you the full delivery cost but only send 2 of 3 items ? If so i assume they will send you a 'backorder' with free shipping ? If so its frustrating that you haven't got the record but have they really stolen anything ?

i dont normally have problems with them but the last order fucked up, i ordered 2 in stock singles last thursday, paid to have them next day delivery (so i could play em out over the weekend) and they got shipped yesterday and have jus landed on my decks, not best pleased with it really but their service in the past has been on the button, so i might let this one slip.

I have had plenty of those situations and one offs man. Its not chemical its just the way it is man. Keep in mind a 5er for shipping is not that serious, i live in canada and this has happened to me with 10 or 20 GBP of shipping, and duty & tax.

On the bright side i have received free vinyl a few times as well - so it probably all washed out in the end.

chemical have always been good for me
the one that took the piss totally was mirage2000 records, avoid em like the plague

chemical have always been good for me
the one that took the piss totally was mirage2000 records, avoid em like the plague

Straight up, only used em once and they were an absolute nightmare.

Chemical is what I use mainly, always select the cheapest shipping option as if it doesnt specify when its shipping in the record title I have got it the next day every time. Same goes for friday shipping, 9/10 times arrives on sat.

Same thing happened to me with the Shogun Ep tho, it does tell you in the processing email if they arent sending it (albeit you have to look at the table to find out). I have cancelled orders off the back of this before you just have to be quick i guess. Straight after I got the email I ordered the EP from somewhere else so didnt miss out. I only know to do this because I have had records arrive without the one I wanted the most! So i feel your pain mate.

I hate chemical they shafted me on a t-shirt i bought then returned. Plus they have done the same with regards to promos to my mate.

sucks man.. same thing has happened to me with BBS... chemical on the other hand has been good with me... i'm fixing to order somet netsky tunes i hope they are available!

Same thing happened to me nut with some different records. I'll never use chemical again they are shite! Although I had to pay $$20fee to transfer my money from Aussie dollar to pounds, then I was charged for 4 12s and only 3 turned up without the 1which I wanted!!

same never really had a problem. Occasionally get the 24 hour delivery but youv gota read the small print which says ' next working day'. Tried ordering on a friday for a saturday night event. Tunes never arrived untill monday which was pointless. But other than that they are a good company. Fasted delivery iv found are easily redeye!

Back
Top Bottom