cheesewizz Listen and help please!!!!

first post... i wonder if youre going to even take time to read the advice and response but fuck it ill give it a go.

1. link soundcloud using the way, makes it way easier to listen
2. that first track sounds too generic, expirement with reverb and such on your percussion. it sounds off beat too sometimes.
3. that dnb track is cool, i really like that bassline, the kick and snare need much more punch and work, experiment with compressors and transient shapers/dynamics
4. i like the vocal tho!

cheers

hi W3st thanks, i promise to read everything and respond im serious about turning out proper sounding tunes, thanks for the advice i used it all to my knowledge of compressors and eqs can u listen to this and let me know whats up?
^hopefully i figured out how to use the souldcloud bar thing properly if not could you please explain that to me?

also i use operator to make the synths is this a good thing to do? or is there simply a better tool to use?

there is no "right tool" or "wrong tool" for creating a synth, or bass, or pad. pick one, learn it, use it. eventually you will have favorite ones for various tasks.

as far as kicks and snares, try layering various kicks on top of each other... one with a nice "high" snap to it, and one with some nice sub. Same for snares, layer one with some nice crisp "sizzle" and one with lots of midrange pop. These are just a few basic ideas, and again there are no "rules", only "ways to get to the result".

also, youtube is your friend when learning about compressors, or anything really... it seems like you have some pretty general questions that you could answer while doing tutorials. as for getting your tracks loud, don't worry about that right now....... turn your system up.... you shouldn't be maxing out the master in the mixdown stage. focus on getting the levels of every track balanced to the way you want the tune to sound

just an example i am looking at one of my kick tracks in a tune in ableton and the gain is at -24.6 I started with the kick and then mixed the snare to match and built the tune around that.

these are all just suggestions, i don't claim to know the right way to do anything tbh. just what works for me.

thanks skanka, i will check out youtube, but have limited wifi unfortunately because i live in the woods, so ill have to choose them wisely, but you gave me an idea to make my searches more specific. what did you use to make the big sounds in "RichieSpice - Marijuana(skanka remix) when it drops"? if you don't mind me asking,

and this is my main goal to make something that can compete with this stuff eventually.

Back
Top Bottom