Check this out

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
First song in almost a year!!!! It is full of synth vocals so lay it on me weather you loved it or hated it. Any eq advice would be awesome. Hell, just leave a comment. Even though I have not posted a track in the past year I still have been loyal to you guys by listening and leaving comments on a weekly basis. Thank you guys.

Its an interesting tune, you got everything sitting pretty nicely.

But something seems to be missing to me, not sure what tho.

Anyway its good to finally hear a tune from you mate :)

The mixdown seems "natural" cause of this imo: you have over-separated elements, having hi hats with a lot of highs, a bass so well cut, but the kick lacks punch and bass to me...

Good mellodies and basses just try to get some punchier kick and snare and some hi hats that occupy the mids a bit more... :))

btw... "I am THOR!" ;) I know where it's from... :P

might have a 808 ride every 1/4 note starting at 1:09. a glitchy keyboard playing some fast high melodies could give it some nice contrast. maybe you were going for a dry snare but i think reverb would sound pretty good.

maybe take out some of the vocal so it makes more of an impact when you hear it. maybe every 4th bar or something you could have the snare with reverb reverse into itself.

that keyboard line that comes in at 1:09 might sound more atmospheric with some more delay/reverb

1:09 could use a bigger impact. like a hi passed impact hit with reverb layered with a white noise sweep down and a synth sweep down. though I'm not sure exactly how to make that noise yet.

just some ideas.

sounds pretty good. i really like the rhythm with the drums and bass.

The mixdown seems "natural" cause of this imo: you have over-separated elements, having hi hats with a lot of highs, a bass so well cut, but the kick lacks punch and bass to me...

Good mellodies and basses just try to get some punchier kick and snare and some hi hats that occupy the mids a bit more... :))

btw... "I am THOR!" ;) I know where it's from... :P
Great advice. And yep that is the I am thor preset. This is another song made for the kid, so there is a story I tell him on top of it. It's about a robot.

Yeah I really enjoyed this. The percussion could be heavier and certainly louder; as equilibrium stated some reverb on the snare could be good, I think perhaps a long reverb applied periodically in a dub-esc style.

I don't think I will reverb the snare. But that kick surely needs fixed. Thank you so much for the feed back.

Well it's for a four year old, so I am not sure if your guys will be as impressed with it as my boy is. I just may add the vocals on top and repost the song.

Sounds like nothing else I've heard. like the digital feel to it, robots and shit! It has already been said but the kick doesn't sit right with me. The percussions and other drum elements sounds well done tho!

A little boy named Liam
Ask for a Robot
But Daddy said no
So he got an idea
He'd take aaprt the toaster
And the microwave Ruin an ipod to give it a brain
He assembled it together
And he worked for days
He had to go fast before Daddy went craze
Sensors, controllers, adapter actuator
LCD LED display wire conectors
A hear, a tail, hands and feet
his eyes where cameras and his fur was a rug
Into the wall he inserted his plug
Just then the robot stood up
And Robot said
Then it the whole IAm Ai part of the song.

hey man, sounds really good actually... agreed on the kick needs some fixing, but the bass after the talking synth sounds really nice, nice width to it too, feel lik u could add some more percussion elements but overall mate its good :) i like the melodies also!

Some great sounds going on IV4.

I like what you did with the build and then the main section and the overall flow of the song. I would suggest(my opinion) maybe add a few atmospheric/pad layers that are just sitting gently in the background to fill up a bit of space.

Great work dude!

BTW,The track shows unavailable via soundcloud but the link is functional.

Reps for all. Thank you for checking the song out and giving honest feedback.

This sounds really cool, i like it ! Maybe lower just a little bit the vocal? or EQing it, to me its covering a bit too much other elements when it comes, but it may as well be my headphones.
I personnally like the drums the way they are, snare is great ! Kick could use a little more punch but as it is its already good imo.

The first bass stab seemed really out of place(might fit better if it sustained a bit longer and slowly low passed down. Intro way too long for me, transitions need work good bass and vocals. I feel something more has to happen though like it should go up one more level. Overall really enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom