Cheater Cheater, Outta national, Circle

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
3 tunes. 2 by taxman 1 by his brother How do they get away with writing almost identical melodies for all three of them.

i like the tunes individually but they just rip each other off :cool:

they don't get away with it, it's just the folk that buy thier records forget that they all start to sound the same eventually because there really isn't anywhere to push their music. they get quite closed off creatively and can't look past a big wobbly bassline. i've said it before and i'll say it again, i wanna hear producers like hazard and taxman and all the others, try to do something out of their comfort zone. maybe some liquid... maybe taxman could make a massive dirty anthem like ladies night, it's all doable and it's the main reason i'm so down on 'wobble'.

i listened to that original sin pyro radio set, and i was looking forward to it.
by the end of it, i was really pissed off. the tunes from the different artists involved were just bluring into one.
all of his stuff is sounding so samey, same patches, melodies, sounds, progressions. it's just a load of recycling going on, and it's a shame. because when he busts out a stonker, it just that. it seems like he's running low on ideas, even though his sound is actually top notch.

don't get me wrong, i like some wobbly business, but it does just start to sound a bit samey after a while.

WHOM.......... DOO DOOO!

Am lookin forward to original ninja though that tune is killer, alllll about the intro :cool:

ive got -- Cheater Cheater
ive got -- Outta National (Remix)<--
im gona get -- Circles

its all good fun dnb that you can dance ur arse off to.
they sell records which means there popular even if they have the same sort of riffs n basses in a few tunes it will pass and another style will come thru and they will hurt it up.

Gdub n Taxman big up boys keep da jumpaz kumin!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are similar sounding but each tune has individual pros and cons. I think they havent taken the piss but if another 2 tunes comes out with the similar noise then it will start to get dissapointing on the fresh ideas front. Remeber Taxman is relatively new and he is producing stonking tunes Big up to the man ! Too Bad the original is just amazing, was so different when it came out.

that whole sound is staler than a 8 week lold loaf of bread IMO.. they all need to sort it out...

all of his stuff is sounding so samey, same patches, melodies, sounds, progressions. it's just a load of recycling going on, and it's a shame. because when he busts out a stonker, it just that. it seems like he's running low on ideas, even though his sound is actually top notch.

don't get me wrong, i like some wobbly business, but it does just start to sound a bit samey after a while.

:word: Well said. Just like dillinja, everything he makes now sounds like the last one he brought out.

I think they re-use a lot of their templates/samples. Its not a good look. If i was in their situation i would want to be coming up with new samples and riffs rather than just re-cycling old ones.
I've lost a lot of respect for original sin after what he posted on his myspace blog.

Ah someone knows what i'm on about. Big ups the Nitrous

Is it it 32 bars? Yeah i have that vinyl, don't really like most of G Dub's stuff, there's a few tunes i like though.

Dillinja has pretty much made a name for himself doing this (not a good name though lol).

Ez mate.

yeah i know wot u mean bout cheater cheater & beast city but i like it

i think ur also forgetting kryme watch, scan darker & taxman's bulletproof monk remix off the list

i think i own all these tunes mentioned bar 2 but i rate them all even tho they are so similar

plus its good to have so many different versions of the same sound, you can change the mix, if one of the tunes doesnt mix u can try another, also try mixin em together and u'll find a cpl of them fillin in the gaps of the other (i know what i mean in my head anyway just hard gettin it in words when ur stoned)

plus its good to have so many different versions of the same sound, you can change the mix, if one of the tunes doesnt mix u can try another, also try mixin em together and u'll find a cpl of them fillin in the gaps of the other (i know what i mean in my head anyway just hard gettin it in words when ur stoned)

Yeah i know what you mean bro, like if you put two together and they fill in the gaps, then you have one song that sounds phat as fuck coz it's like one continuous bassline and stuff (y)

Is it it 32 bars? Yeah i have that vinyl, don't really like most of G Dub's stuff, there's a few tunes i like though.

Dillinja has pretty much made a name for himself doing this (not a good name though lol).

Ez mate.

Dude you have the playaz logo in your name, not good when your being a player hater lool :gaywhite: Nah i know what you guys mean, but i kinda like the wibble wobble sounds at the moment, few tunes that i've heard are banging. Mostly listen to neuro though so probs doesn't grate me as much as it does regular listeners.:rambo: As for Dillinja, i think a few of his forthcoming tunes are phat mate- pirate station 2008 showed hes got a few smashers up his sleave i reckon.

Back
Top Bottom