cheat on chord progression for Ableton headz

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
For all of you that it's lazy like hell and doesn't want to study music, or just don't want to switch on the midi keyboard and speriment a bit with those black & white plastic sticks...

Here's a template, containing all the scales and chords you need, already written in midi clips, ready for you to use in Ableton Live:
http://www.ageofthewheel.com/2010/11/circle-of-fifths-chord-resource-in.html
Don't forget to donate at least $1 for the hard work of this nice guy who's spent time to program it and share it for free for your lazy ass! :finger2:

And here's a BIG tut on how to speed up your chords writing, using "Fold", that can be used in combo with the template above:

I hope you'll find this useful, even if it's not a Netsky bass tut... :moe:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I use this a lot for generating quick in-key melodies. I updated mine with a lot more exotic scales tho. Plus I bought Cthulhu from Xfer Records a few days back so chords are a thing of the past lol.

Last edited:
Fun trick when your a complete idiot in music theory, I'd suggest reading up a bit though it never hurts to at least know some chords and basic music theory stuff.

/\ Definitely. I think it's different for everyone of course; but, I feel like music theory is just another great tool to have but if you're using the learning of music theory as an excuse to not write anything, then you're fucking it all up.

For me music theory is more of something I consult after I've been improvising and throwing out randomness and have some cool melody/progression and need to figure out how to resolve it clean with 8/16/32 bars or what have you. Coming up with chords and melodies in key used to be a such a struggle for me because I was trying to be so strict on myself doin it all "by the book"

Fun trick when your a complete ignorant in music theory, I'd suggest reading up a bit though it never hurts to at least know some chords and basic music theory stuff.

I corrected your post, I think now it sounds better...
Idiot is a mentally handicapped person, while here we are talking about speeding up the writing on Live midi clips by avoiding the error of drawing on the obsolete notes.
Trick that can be useful even to a pro musician.

The template, can be used by new learning producers, to recognise in which scale are they playing their tune.

So, not so idiot... quite usefull if seen as an interactive lesson... Better if accompanied by a good read of theory.

To each one his opinion!
But look at the picture from far, before running to judgements! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom