Cheapest but best active monitors/speakers?

atomiku

Looking to buy some active studio monitors, which are the cheapest ones?
They need to be just about good enough for producing. Mainly used for listening to music.

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

I've been looking at these: http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=qfTVTre9KMTX8gOypKWMAg&ved=0CL4BEPMCMAU

ljDf9w6daqdyTAbbkOAOlSUqrb26Ic71ct7j-GH444T9yD092AzHr4B1eIHXbk7D5Uo4dE_5P6iEzXw23H6QYkHNJ4sdbFfbEjKj6UndHRLd3ND1fT3bEFQ7wNfY77yGVHZrU9mwx_a8b1T3tUNh7QhmTCTgC3ZOZ0OzFPRn_zCsD78

Looking to buy some active studio monitors, which are the cheapest ones?
They need to be just about good enough for producing. Mainly used for listening to music.

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

I've been looking at these: http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=qfTVTre9KMTX8gOypKWMAg&ved=0CL4BEPMCMAU

ljDf9w6daqdyTAbbkOAOlSUqrb26Ic71ct7j-GH444T9yD092AzHr4B1eIHXbk7D5Uo4dE_5P6iEzXw23H6QYkHNJ4sdbFfbEjKj6UndHRLd3ND1fT3bEFQ7wNfY77yGVHZrU9mwx_a8b1T3tUNh7QhmTCTgC3ZOZ0OzFPRn_zCsD78
I would step up a bit more and go for the KRK6's, they are light year's better than the krk5's in terms of frequency response. Check out zzounds.com, they offer a very fair installment payment plan. I love my KRK6's and KRK KNS8400's and have not had a single day of regret.

thanks - i'm definitely gonna do for the KRK RP6's. time to make some really banging tunes now. especially drum and bass. but dubstep+breakbeat too, on the side. My aim is to become signed. I've been producing since I was 11 but yeah, haven't released many tracks apart from loads of cheezy happy hardcore/hands up music. Most of my tracks have 40,000 views though. one has 200,000 and another 260,000... search atomic inc :)

Wow, I just won some Mackie MR5's on ebay for £185! About the same "rating" as the KRK6's. Yay. Time to start producing some filthy drum and bass. OH YES. FUCK THE NEIGHBORS. Is it, or is it not true, that sometimes you must have the volume relatively loud in order to properly fine tune, and produce better. One production tip I picked up is that: If you think the kick needs to be louder, or maybe the snare - try turning up the volume of the speakers first. Certainly helped me get out some bangers!

Back
Top Bottom