Cheapest but best active monitors/speakers?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by atomiku, Nov 30, 2011.

1. atomiku

atomiku New Member

2. DOOVD

DOOVD Member

Alesis M1 Active for about £150, dont have much bass though...

3. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I would step up a bit more and go for the KRK6's, they are light year's better than the krk5's in terms of frequency response. Check out zzounds.com, they offer a very fair installment payment plan. I love my KRK6's and KRK KNS8400's and have not had a single day of regret.

4. atomiku

atomiku New Member

thanks - i'm definitely gonna do for the KRK RP6's. time to make some really banging tunes now. especially drum and bass. but dubstep+breakbeat too, on the side. My aim is to become signed. I've been producing since I was 11 but yeah, haven't released many tracks apart from loads of cheezy happy hardcore/hands up music. Most of my tracks have 40,000 views though. one has 200,000 and another 260,000... search atomic inc :)

5. atomiku

atomiku New Member

Wow, I just won some Mackie MR5's on ebay for £185! About the same "rating" as the KRK6's. Yay. Time to start producing some filthy drum and bass. OH YES. FUCK THE NEIGHBORS. Is it, or is it not true, that sometimes you must have the volume relatively loud in order to properly fine tune, and produce better. One production tip I picked up is that: If you think the kick needs to be louder, or maybe the snare - try turning up the volume of the speakers first. Certainly helped me get out some bangers!

6. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

The rokit 5's have done me well. For a bedroom environment on a bit of a budget theyre sick.