cheap headphones

Discussion in 'Production' started by MARLZTAH, Nov 17, 2007.

1. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

anyone got any recommendations for cheap headphones??? im proper skint esp with xmas coming up and im only looking to spend about £20

i know i wont get anything great but i just need something better than what im using at the mo

heres a few i been looking at......

AKG K44

Technics RPF200 (i used to have these and they lasted years but i dont like the fact they have xbs)

Wharfdale PRO-41V

Sony MDRXD200 (says its got "Sound mode switch for movie and audio source" dunno what this is but im worried it might mess with the sound too much)

what do you lot think????

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

you want the flattest response possible right, but im thinking, get ones where you can hear the bass abit more because headphones are usually missing out on the bass.

3. MARLZTAH

that is a good point, i do usually end up putting to much in round the 50-60hz mark beacuse i cant hear it in the headphones

thanks for ya input :)

think i'll get the AKG's or maybe the technics, not sure yet

anyone used any of these???

4. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

5. Ilju^

Ilju^ Member

I'm using the AKG K240 studio headphones and they are just great. I don't know about that cheaper model thou...

6. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

7. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

try ebay

sony v700's from china for around £30 retail around £100 uk , all the big names use them

check it out

8. Davido2005

Davido2005 New Member

The k44s are good, not the greatest sound quality (kinda high on the trebles, low on the bass), but they do last a long time- i bought some off my mate for £8, used them for a few months then gave them to my friend whos been using them for a good long time.

9. ill1

ill1 Member

I used a pair of Stanton HP 1000's when I first started.....not super sound quality but good enough to do what you need to do. I still have them as a back-up and they work fine 3 years later.

10. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

I was in a familiar scenario and bought the cheapest pair i could find cos i was brassic, so i went into dixons if i remember and bought some Ministry of sound headphones.
    I know you may scoff at this shite brand but they are actually really good and im still using them 3 years on

11. huMus

huMus New Member

i bought Skullcandy GI last month. they look great, choose from http://www.skullcandy.com/. One of the lowcost-mediumquality cans. But if u have around £30 spare these are worth buying.

12. MARLZTAH

wow those skull candy headphones are the most beautiful thing ive ever seen, im after quality and a balanced spectrum, what do they sound like???

13. grooverb

grooverb New Member

Dunno, but they sell em at HMV...

14. alz

alz compress to impress

i bought some new senheiser hd202 ones off ebay for 15 quid, sorted me out proper!

15. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

I have sony earphones, but they were (Candian $) $60 so pretty up there in the price range, but great higher pitch quality, although as people say, doesn't give muhc of a low bass. After Christmas though, if you're looking for some good Earphones then the Phillips SBC HP250 they're great quality, high and low!!
    But sorry man, no suggestions for cheap earphones... the higher the price the better the quality
    Peace
    Steve

16. JusticeJefferey

JusticeJefferey New Member

I've had a pair ov these 4 about 6 months, and they do the best job ive heard at tht price tag.

17. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

They look great! If they had a decent flat response I'd buy them! Any got any experience with them?

18. MARLZTAH

my mum got me a pair of technics rpf350's for xmas and they are SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel a bad asking for the receipt but these things are horrible, i cant use them for anything let alone monitering. do not buy them

the high/high mid frequencys are WAY to loud and sound slightly distorted and lack any clarity at all

also they sound as if they are being played though reverb or something, very strange sound

not at all what i had expected, technics is such a good make usually and the budget headphones i had from them before were really good but these ones are terrible. i have a pair of £7 phillips headphones from poundstretcher that sound a hundred times better than these horrible things that cost £30

19. MARLZTAH

anyone used these....

[​IMG]
    Sennheiser HD 212 PRO
    The HD 212Pro closed dynamic hi-fi stereo headphones have a balanced sound image with a slight emphasis on the bass response. DJs will like their excellent attenuation of ambient noise and the soft, comfortable ear pads.

what do you lot think????

20. junglegym

junglegym New Member

check out the skullcandy line...recruit, lowrider, g.i. r just a few...good bang for the buck:lighter::lighter::lighter: