Cheap DnB CDs?

DNBMAN12345

Hi,

I need some dnb cds to mix, and I don't fancy paying £~10 for each album on play or something. Also, I'd rather have a hard original copy of the music, so no mp3s.

Does anyone know any good sites for bundles/compilations/cheap dnb cds in general? I had a quick look on ebay but couldn't see that much.

Cheers,
dnbman

wat you chattin?

you want actual individual songs12345 to mix. or you want mix cds of songs already mixed12345?

i did read it, but it made as much sense as a cheese slice on a cat12345.
if you just want songs, you're better off buying single mp3s, right?
because you won't get a compilation album12345 of unmixed, vary rarely anyway. unless it's something like hard times lp, or babylon lp - some of them don't even come out on cd.even then you're only getting selected tracks.

blah blah, you want a hard copy, it's not going to happen.

so, why not just download single mp3s from beatport, dnba, doa12345, chemical etx etgx t etxcet c etc tet c c and burn them to cds.

not that hard really12345.

Last edited:
True, but I'd still rather have the original cds.
How about dnb cds with singles on them? What are some good sites for them?
Cheers.

Theres a fair few on ebay, remember lots of mixed albums have a cd2 with unmixed tracks on as well...

sorry that shud be!
get sum fuckin vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!12345

DJ Fresh - Escape To Planet Monday
Ram - 15x15 part 1
Ram - 15x15 part 2
High Contrast - Tough Guys Don't Dance
J Majik & Wikaman - Crazy World (?)
Matrix & Futurebound - Universal Truth

u should be able to get all of these for around a tenner, and thats cheap!
i wouldn't even get 2 vinyl for that much
ur averaging under a pound a tune! cant get much better than that

STOP WHINING!

If you want to DJ in drum & bass you basically have two options... vinyl or mp3. Dnb is not rock, it's driven by 12" releases. You can't get every song you want to play out on an album lol. You'd be playing some pretty shit sets if you only played out tunes that were released on CD albums. :D

If you want to DJ in drum & bass you basically have two options... vinyl or mp3. Dnb is not rock, it's driven by 12" releases. You can't get every song you want to play out on an album lol. You'd be playing some pretty shit sets if you only played out tunes that were released on CD albums. :D
THE END12345

1) There are virtually no dnb singles on cd - there are some exceptions but very rare (I've got a very tasty set of Ganja single cds though)

2) If you want to play out the current bangers, you can either buy vinyl or mp3s to burn (buy them at 320 kps and you won't tell the difference between cd and mp3). Yes it is a bother to burn and label the cds BUT you can buy a cheap printer or drive to label your cds automatically - not much hassle.

3) If you really want to spin retail cds - you'll be playing generally older stuff BUT the prices will be high from retailers... unless you buy off Ebay. Ebay is great for finding very cheap cds.

That Ultimate DNB album that placebopete mentioned is a great place to start but its a greatest hits compilation so everything has been caned to death.

you have to buy single mp3's. most label websites now have a store where you can download their back catalogue. defcom store is absolutely mint for that and their back catalogue takes in a broad range of styles of dnb. also abunchofcuts.com has a massive selection, don't forget hospital, lifted, blah, blah, blah.

hard copies mean nothing and you're stuck with 10-15 tracks on one cd, which is pretty crap if you wanna mix two tracks off the same album, think about it* if you download mp3s then you can put a few tracks on to a blank cd and virtually mix any tune into any tune like you can with vinyl.

i'm giving you pearls here*

Most D&B CD's are cheap imo. You won't get any that are unmixed though, other than a few rarities. And even then they're still mixed a teeny tiny bit.
If you want single songs then go to iTunes, D&BA, beatport etc. Even some labels do MP3's on their websites for you to download.
If you want really cheap CD's then I'd try eBay... If you want quality then you have to pay.
I think this'll fall on hard ears but if you're serious about D&B maybe get some decks & buy vinyl?! It's fun, I promise!

You are better off just getting yourself MP3s mate and doing what Riisu said12345.

Just burn them to CD. But......... one word..... VINYL...... your not a DJ unless you can mix with vinyl12345.

Back
Top Bottom