Cheap beginner mixer?

Pedsdude

Just a brief question that hopefully some people can answer for me.

I've only ever done some DJ'ing/mixing on my computer using Virtual DJ, and I've been thinking of getting a proper mixer to connect up with my computer and Virtual DJ.

Can anyone recommend a cheap, reliable mixer that'll do the job? I've had a look around online and so far the NuMark DM-950 (£45 inc delivery) and DM-1050 (£78 inc delivery) are the main ones I've found (both of which are 2nd hand, good condition).

I don't particularly mind if it's not brand new, as long as it'll give me a taste of mixing at a relatively cheap cost. I wouldn't really want to pay any more than the £78 one I mentioned above - even that's somewhat pushing the limits of my price range.

If I do get a mixer and start to enjoy it, then I may decide to invest in some turntables of some sort, but the simple matter is that I don't want to invest a lot of money into something that I may not be any good at, or may not enjoy as much as I thought I would.

Thank you in advance for any responses :)

For DJ mixers I will seriously recomend Numark. Mine is 8 years old and still going strong. They are basic and cheap but built well. Although by the sound of it as has already been mentioned you need a midi controller not a dj mixer...

Back
Top Bottom