Chase & Status Sign Major Deal With Mercury Records

If anyone thinks that any quality D&B is going to come of this partnership then they are so wrong. Enjoy the fame train boys.

There's only a press release at the moment

'Ram Records are proud to announce that Chase & Status signed a major record deal with Mercury Records (Universal) this week (18/5/2009).

"Chase & Status would like to take this opportunity to say that they are hugely appreciative of Ram Records' efforts surrounding their formative years and especially the release of their debut album "More Than A Lot" which has sold in excess of 50,000 units to date."

Ram Records' directors Andy C and Scott Bourne remain unwavering in their view that Chase & Status are a huge creative talent and are pleased to remain an integral part of the team moving forward.'

This thread could get messy. Good luck to them I say even though the directtion they choose may not be one I agree with

hi this is nice but i do not really no what this site is for can some one tell me hahahahahahahah

If anyone thinks that any quality D&B is going to come of this partnership then they are so wrong. Enjoy the fame train boys.

Change the D for an R and you'll be in the right area

Chase & Status feat Lady Gaga coming to a commercial radio station near you in the future

hi this is nice but i do not really no what this site is for can some one tell me hahahahahahahah

????

What do you mean mate? This is a forum to talk about everything drum and bass...

Chase and Status have just been signed to a majour record label and are leaving Ram records... what are your views on this young man?

Change the D for an R and you'll be in the right area

Chase & Status feat Lady Gaga coming to a commercial radio station near you in the future
Sounds about right, never mind eh....

I wouldn't bet against an identical thread about Sub Focus appearing in a year or so's time.

Some very interesting points from people

Firstly, big upz to C&S, hard work has rewarded them with a big money deal, say what you like about that but everything aside it's their own work which has got them to this stage

But the point I would like to make is that, yes, C&S are extremely talented producers, but there are plenty of other extremely talented producers in the dnb scene without any commerical success ... yet ...

It's interesting to consider which other drum and bass producers "could" find themselves in C&S' shoes in the future, IF that was their preferred route

I think the name of the site kind of gives it away:

dnb forum

It's a website about moths mate. We breed them and then sell them and moth related accessories for reasonable prices

Sounds about right, never mind eh....

I wouldn't bet against an identical thread about Sub Focus appearing in a year or so's time.

That is what I said mate...

Its funny, because I had a few tiffs with heads on the forum because I'm not a fan of C+S... Some of those very peeps who were irate about me not liking them are the same people calling them sell outs now.

I actually like C+S much much more then Subfocus, though still am not a fan. So I await with much hope for the day Subfocus gets signed up and everyone calls him a sell out.

That is what I said mate...

Its funny, because I had a few tiffs with heads on the forum because I'm not a fan of C+S... Some of those very peeps who were irate about me not liking them are the same people calling them sell outs now.

I actually like C+S much much more then Subfocus, though still am not a fan. So I await with much hope for the day Subfocus gets signed up and everyone calls him a sell out.

Subfocus isn't a sell out, he's just making music the way he wants to make music right now

Nothing more nothing less.

Some very interesting points from people

Firstly, big upz to C&S, hard work has rewarded them with a big money deal, say what you like about that but everything aside it's their own work which has got them to this stage

But the point I would like to make is that, yes, C&S are extremely talented producers, but there are plenty of other extremely talented producers in the dnb scene without any commerical success ... yet ...

It's interesting to consider which other drum and bass producers "could" find themselves in C&S' shoes in the future, IF that was their preferred route

Good post mate, I've been thinking the same thing.

There are tonnes of other producers that are better in my eyes, but I don't want them to have the grand commercial success because it does change the output of the artist.

I also hope that this label doesn't just chew them up and spit them out, DnB is a cosy little world to produce and thrive in. The big record labels are only concerned with sales, and this may prove the hardest part. 50,000 album sales is good, but small time compared to the artists they will be competing with.

I can't see Sub Focus appealing to a commercial audience bar a couple of songs. That could change of course if he decided to add some cheesy female vocals to his tunes

I await the token hip hop song

Awesome news really, hopefully this will pave the way for more artists to get signed and get their music to even more people which can only be a good thing, how many of todays producers were influenced by Roni Size / Represent/ Breakbeat Era e.t.c, in fact fuck me hold tight didn't Mercury sign and Release Goldie's "Timeless"?
This can only be good news for the scene...

Awesome news really, hopefully this will pave the way for more artists to get signed and get their music to even more people which can only be a good thing, how many of todays producers were influenced by Roni Size / Represent/ Breakbeat Era e.t.c, in fact fuck me hold tight didn't Mercury sign and Release Goldie's "Timeless"?
This can only be good news for the scene...

It is true that Mercury have been 'interested' in dnb on and off, but doesn't that just show that they come and pluck the 'best' as when they want. They don't actually give back to the scene I don't think.

Plus, I have a feeling they signed C+S up more for the dubstep and lower bpm elements, not the dnb elements. Could be wrong though.

It is true that Mercury have been 'interested' in dnb on and off, but doesn't that just show that they come and pluck the 'best' as when they want. They don't actually give back to the scene I don't think.

Plus, I have a feeling they signed C+S up more for the dubstep and lower bpm elements, not the dnb elements. Could be wrong though.

Mercury are a record company which is a business, they sign acts which they think will sell cd's, mp3's e.t.c. to generate money for "the business".
Don't get it twisted, I think you are taking this thing way to seriously, they still will be signed to Ram so they (Andy + Scott) will have to be happy with the content also.

Please tell me, are you sayin' that by releasing "Timeless" they have not given anything back?
Have you even heard it?
(

Mercury are a record company which is a business, they sign acts which they think will sell cd's, mp3's e.t.c. to generate money for "the business".
Don't get it twisted, I think you are taking this thing way to seriously, they still will be signed to Ram so they (Andy + Scott) will have to be happy with the content also.

Please tell me, are you sayin' that by releasing "Timeless" they have not given anything back?
Have you even heard it?
(

??

Im not getting anything twisted, and definately not taking it seriously as i don't listen to c+s anyways...

Just because Mercury were the label that released timeless doesn't mean it wasn't going to get released anyways...

Dont patronise me either mate

Back
Top Bottom