Chase & Status Sign Major Deal With Mercury Records

???? I never said the don't have talent or imagination... I just said that I value a tune based on ideas, not production value. Piss off about your small brained comment, why get aggy?

Its not redundant at all. I highly doubt that they suffered from a lack of equipment and good production tools whilst making More Than A Lot... come on lads...

And they never had to work a 'day-job' anyways, and already have the ability to work in incredible studios with the best equipment.

ok.. then what relevance did the whole imagination stuff have?? if you wasnt implying they had no imagination??

wasnt getting aggy by the way....

ok.. then what relevance did the whole imagination stuff have?? if you wasnt implying they had no imagination??

wasnt getting aggy by the way....

Boudi said that hopefully with all the money they can come back and make stonking dnb... I don't think that at the level they are already at and equipment they already use, that more money is going to help them make bigger tunes. I think that the influences they receive and ideas they generate will...

Whatever they go on to do, it won't have the same feel as tunes like duppy man or brazil, I am almost 100% certain of that.

The music they may go on to make may be good, but judging from the direction they have been heading since tunes like Brazil and Duppy Man, it won't be to many heads on here tastes.

In truth though, Chase and Status are producers dnb can afford to lose, Spor on the other hand, who is flirting with adopting his electro moniker Feed Me full time, is someone we should be more concerned with losing.

YOU KNOW.

Its their choice and they'll do well for themselves with it.

But i doubt its gonna be something im into.

Boudi said that hopefully with all the money they can come back and make stonking dnb... I don't think that at the level they are already at and equipment they already use, that more money is going to help them make bigger tunes. I think that the influences they receive and ideas they generate will...

my bad...

yeh i know what you mean... the people they are gonna get to work with is going to play a big factor in what they do now...

they are probably going to mingle with some of the best producers in the industry.... and are going to get the oportunity to learn things from these guys.... especially about how to use the equipment they already have in a much better way or in a way they havent thought of...

So who is next to jump on to the commercial band wagon? Subfocus methinks...

Subfocus or Brookes Brothers

Either way, you'll be able to spot it happening when they start adding vocals to tracks or making token hip hop/rnb tunes to appeal to the ladies

my bad...

yeh i know what you mean... the people they are gonna get to work with is going to play a big factor in what they do now...

they are probably going to mingle with some of the best producers in the industry.... and are going to get the oportunity to learn things from these guys.... especially about how to use the equipment they already have in a much better way or in a way they havent thought of...

That is true...

Watch this space I guess, but I don't see them coming back to dnb... dubstep maybe, as I think that is what got them noticed, tunes like Eastern Jam. I still fail to see the appeal of dubstep though...

I still want to know what is happening with the relationship with Ram Records. Are they know solely Mercury? How does Ram benefit from this, if at all?

And most off all.... what does Andy really think?

Theres some very clever dubstep out there aside from the wobble jump up kind u may not be feeling try this dude and his mix
Dubstep aint my cuppa tea either but this guy has got me into it for sure!

Edit : Ram Records benefit in all this is the fact that ppl will be lookin at c&s's old stuff now once they find out about them.
The new 'fans' will see that they have come from a label like ram an it will purely benefit the sales of old/new ram tunes.
Andy probably doesnt care as long as the money keeps on comin in.

Last edited:
I still want to know what is happening with the relationship with Ram Records. Are they know solely Mercury? How does Ram benefit from this, if at all?

And most off all.... what does Andy really think?

The guy who posted the info on DOA is trying to contact C&S to find out more. I guess we just have to watch this space

They have had an epic musical journey. I remember seeing them as warm up DJs years ago in Watford. How far they have come since then :) Fair play to them for getting so far.

I wouldn't be annoyed apart from the fact that before they released More Than Alot they were some of the sickest DJ's around, always banging sets. Let just hope they go back to their roots a little with their DJ sets....also this mean they won't be playin at ram anymore? That cud only be good, will probs cause a stop to all the moshing that goes on there

When i first heard "More Than Alot" I new they were goimg to get alot of main stream attention with collabs with Kano and Plan B, so it doesn't really come as a surprise... As far as the whole how does ram benefit from this I'm sure there was something written into the contract where if a big label came along then they would get a percentage of royalties or something along those lines. But big ups to Chase & Status they have worked fucking hard to achieve this, and they're clearly talented lets hope they make some music worth listening to.

Back
Top Bottom