Chase & Status Sign Major Deal With Mercury Records

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
There's only a press release at the moment

'Ram Records are proud to announce that Chase & Status signed a major record deal with Mercury Records (Universal) this week (18/5/2009).

"Chase & Status would like to take this opportunity to say that they are hugely appreciative of Ram Records' efforts surrounding their formative years and especially the release of their debut album "More Than A Lot" which has sold in excess of 50,000 units to date."

Ram Records' directors Andy C and Scott Bourne remain unwavering in their view that Chase & Status are a huge creative talent and are pleased to remain an integral part of the team moving forward.'

This thread could get messy. Good luck to them I say even though the directtion they choose may not be one I agree with

There's only a press release at the moment

'Ram Records are proud to announce that Chase & Status signed a major record deal with Mercury Records (Universal) this week (18/5/2009).

"Chase & Status would like to take this opportunity to say that they are hugely appreciative of Ram Records' efforts surrounding their formative years and especially the release of their debut album "More Than A Lot" which has sold in excess of 50,000 units to date."

Ram Records' directors Andy C and Scott Bourne remain unwavering in their view that Chase & Status are a huge creative talent and are pleased to remain an integral part of the team moving forward.'

This thread could get messy. Good luck to them I say even though the directtion they choose may not be one I agree with

Fair play, I'm pretty sure any other artist would of made the same decision

it was bound to happen! good luck to them!
hopefully they will still show some love to dnb and make us some bangers!

They best get some rakes out to start hoarding in the cash! Good luck to em!
Snoop Dogg thing mustve really got em out there!
I would expect any1 in there position to do the same!
Any1 who says otherwise is actually a moron!

Good luck to them on their ventures. It will be interesting to see whether it affects their music or not...

Absolutly massive respect to Chase & Status... living the dream!! got nothing but respect for these two guys!!

Their live act was a big step forward for them! and i can only hope that Universal get these guys the promotion they need!!

Was never really a fan, except for one or two tracks, so no loss to me really.

Was pretty predictable in truth, with Snoop jumping on the bandwagon of dubstep. Though Lil Wayne and them have been producing with a wobble bass for a while now.

However itll be interesting to see all of you who have loved them and love More Than a Lot will change with each and every release... Pendulum anyone?

Good luck to them, I am pretty sure they will make it big as they are talented guys...

So who is next to jump on to the commercial band wagon? Subfocus methinks...

Last edited:
Oh man, you dare to blaspheme....

You heard it here first...

Think about it, like Chase, the first artist album is coming out, and like Chase, he already has a more commercial and universally accepted dnb sound. Plus the guy thinks he is a rockstar already!

I personally wouldn't mind, just thinking really.

Anyways, Universal are signing C+S up, obviously with the prerequisite that they must make an album or two... what do you think the guidelines set by the label will be?

i think we are all just anticipating them to make shit music because they signed up to a big label,they're great producers and are going to make a fucking sick new album. if we all put ourselves in their shoes we would have done the same.

with that said, maybe they can practice on putting out better more exciting sets....

Back
Top Bottom