Chase & Status K-Mag Interview - 25.01.2011

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by $pyto, Jan 27, 2011.

1. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

nice read. seems like a cool guy tbh.

loved that part about rihanna calling, lols. and id love their next album to be more "raw bass and beats" than this ..

3. JRG

JRG Eat, Sleep and Breakbeats

clever video I like

4. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Rumour has it that 'Status' is the more down-to-earth one of the two. Easier to talk to etc. I've never met either of them so I wouldn't know.

And I would personally love Rihanna to ring me at 4am with my bird laying next to me. At least then a decent threesome could be on the cards...

5. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

And if not, you could always tug one off whilst chatting to her anyway. I would...

6. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

from reading that, it sounds like their 3rd album is gonna be commercial as fuck :(

7. TheTornado

TheTornado Member

^i think quite the opposite. it seems like the 3rd album will be more d&b and less commercial.

good read, seems like a really nice guy. makes me angry then when people call C&S 'sell-outs' because they - well, one of them, any way - is very down to earth.

8. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

im sure they are down to earth as fuck mate does that the music good? does it make it non commericial? hell no. completly different context. ouch!

9. Subjekt Music

sick burn...lol

10. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

let us look at the previous statement which abbreviated states " I hate it when people call them sell outs, they are really down to earth "

correctly this statement should either emply " I hate it when people call them sellouts... theyre music has stayed true to its origin "

OR

" I hate it when people call them stuck up,. because theyre really down to earth "

not some kind of mixmatch confusion between personalities and musical content. i think i have sufficiently justified myself here, good day

11. TheTornado

TheTornado Member

if you can even call that a 'burn'

12. Subjekt Music

Sarcasm doesnt translate well on the interweb

13. TheTornado

TheTornado Member

14. DJ Wizz

DJ Wizz Bless, Union, Force FM

to be fair to them, yes they have made some decisions in their music making which have been influenced by career ambitions with references to who they have worked with and styles (dubstep / hip hop / dance) and genres in which they produce, but i cant imagin them ever compromising on quality.

theres some of their tracks that dont float my boat but at the minute and listening through no more idols, and more than alot for that matter, you can see that no matter what ur taste in dnb, dubstep or woteva, there is a little bit of summat for everyone and at top quality production as well. theyre still making dnb bassline rollers n dirty music just not doing a whole album of it to please the hardcore, purist dnb heads.

fair play to them if you want my opinion, they have possibly become as big as you can get as a producer in this scene and beyond. clever decisions got them where they are and they know how to work the business, which after all is their job and you cant argue with numbers and success. look at pendulum, they totally turned their back on dnb as a whole let alone the purists and i gaurantee c&s will be around long after pendulum have ceased to be a 13 year old boys wet dream.

x

15. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

always had nothing but respect for em..deserve their hype n making quality all round music