Chase & Status interview and snippet of track with Rihanna

My ONLY beef with this, is that when asked, "WHO ARE YOU FEELING?"

Did they mention any drum and bass producers? The scene which made them who they are today? ...

Not one ... not one ...

Turned your back? ... Hate to say it looks that way ...

My ONLY beef with this, is that when asked, "WHO ARE YOU FEELING?"

Did they mention any drum and bass producers? The scene which made them who they are today? ...

Not one ... not one ...

Turned your back? ... Hate to say it looks that way ...

I think most producers would draw influence from outside of drum and bass...

Again, fair play to them they're definately smashing what they're doing.

Saw their live show the other day, alot more live that i thought it was gonna be too. Turns out they just play one song followed by the other. Its not a bad show, but its not a drum and bass dj slot anymore by a long way. Not quite sure how i feel about crowd surfing and people on shoulders at a rave either...

Again, fair play to them they're definately smashing what they're doing.

Saw their live show the other day, alot more live that i thought it was gonna be too. Turns out they just play one song followed by the other. Its not a bad show, but its not a drum and bass dj slot anymore by a long way. Not quite sure how i feel about crowd surfing and people on shoulders at a rave either...

Victoria works?
the C&S crowd made me wanna be sick.
Andy C smashed it as per though

this dubs chase and status as the new pendulm everyone start the hate !!!!!! ..fucking sell out...s i mean rihanna ??? reallyy?? !!!! REALLYY!!!!??

I haven't enjoyed the last few times I've seen them (due to poor beatmatching and surprise-free tune selection) but I used to love them. Still drop Love's Theme and the B side to Druids (Believe?) even now.

They are quite clearly sell outs now though in my eyes. Rihanna? Snoop Dogg? Not about that. I'll reserve judgement of their live stuff till I see them live in 2 weeks though.

Victoria works?

yeh i was at that
though they were really good i agree bout the crowdsrufin n stuff
u cud tell a lot of people were just there for c&s but as they wud of seen the likes of andy c they mite get in2 i properly so its good in that kinda way

h8d the moshing n crowdsurfin though but its just the only way some people know how to dance

Victoria works?

Yeah thats the one.

Put it this way, i've never seen a room empty as andy comes on...

I think if theyre going this new route they need to stick to their own nights or something, because it doesnt work as a hybrid.

But the question was "who are you feeling"?

They manage to mention Donaeo, Dizzee Rascal etc. but did they big up ANYONE making drum and bass right now? No they didn't

Is it too much to ask?

Sure, draw influence from all types of music but I think it would have been nice if they'd mentioned at least one single dnb producer (there's enough out there!) who's impressing them at the moment

Drum and bass needs all the recognition it can get and you would have thought some one like Chase and Status who has now "made it", after starting out all those years ago on Bingo and Hardware, could appreciate that perhaps more than anyone else ...

Dizzee Rascal, 3 number ones in a row, yeah sure, but his contribution to the music is shit nowadays

Since when was it all about being number 1 in the fucking pop charts? Unless you're into $$$$$

credit where credit is due, but like its been brought up before, would be good if they could help bring the scene up with them in some way, seeming as they have a platform that people will listen to, i mean its just giving back what we've given to them...

Ignorant fucks. Go and make shitty tunes w/Rihanna to make shit loads of money off of people that don't know good music when they hear it!! They made one good tune, Take Me Away, that got rinsed out, so they're shit again. I can't believe they've even 'made it' as much as they have!! The scene is better off without them....

Ignorant fucks. Go and make shitty tunes w/Rihanna to make shit loads of money off of people that don't know good music when they hear it!! They made one good tune, Take Me Away, that got rinsed out, so they're shit again. I can't believe they've even 'made it' as much as they have!! The scene is better off without them....

Bitter?

they're doing a really good job of alienating the scene that loves them..or at least used to love them.

They're probably doing what many people would do if they were given the chance - make a fuck load of money, and work with some global superstars.

It's quite obvious that they're moving away from the genre that they started in, but all artists go through changes. Once they're done working with these people, and they have trillions of pounds, they might start making good tunes again.

I won't be holding my breath tho, that rihanna clip sounds fucking shite!

Na, not really.

Just agree w/Nifty's point & bemused by the fact that they give no recognition to the scene which has given them this undeserved superstardom. If we'd have lost someone worth losing to the commercial side, then yes I'd be bitter. I don't miss their shitty, cheesy sets w/half hour of shitty dubstep at all!!

Back
Top Bottom