Chase & Status interview and snippet of track with Rihanna

if they wanted to make music to make money and work with pop artists then they would of been producing POP tunes for their whole lifes. the fact is that they changed their prioritys

Last edited:
Its bad attitudes like this that is preventing drum and bass artists from doing other things because they will be called "Sell outs"

thats fucking retarded.

They dont "sell out" because they love drum and bass you derka

im not one to say they "owe the scene" and im not one to call them sell outs or that they used drum and bass,

but it is this fucking simple for anybody who doesnt understand,

when you love drum and bass, you make drum and bass.

boys have lost their passion. thats why we are pissed

Last edited:
thats fucking retarded.

They dont "sell out" because they love drum and bass you derka

im not one to say they "owe the scene" and im not one to call them sell outs or that they used drum and bass,

but it is this fucking simple for anybody who doesnt understand,

when you love drum and bass, you make drum and bass.

boys have lost their passion. thats why we are pissed

I think that is fucking retarded tbh, they do love drum and bass and they have MADE drum and bass for years now, they have an oppotunity to make some decent money, work with some of the world biggest stars and raise there profile in the commercial scene so why the fuck not!!!

They never said they would stop making dnb and they certainly havent lost their passion, they are just doing different things.
Most music producers are into different styles of music, therefore they make different types of music, alot of it probrably doesnt see the light of day because it just isnt good enough, but c&s are good enough in all different styles, i know if i could make 2 or 3 genres of music aswell as those guys then i would be doing the same, that doesnt make them sell outs imo.

I think you should work on your grammar skills a bit........

I'm talking about 'pop' culture......as this is what C&S have ventured into, after doing a co-lab w/Rihanna. And I don't know whether you've seen the clip on the 1st page? Well let me tell you it's SHIT. I don't need to, nor do I want to, listen to the full tune. Commercial bollocks. They have now entered a realm where big-time pop producers will find a little niche to exploit for awhile, completely rinse it out, then hang them up to dry. That's what makes dnb special. We've still got DJ's & producers that have been in the game for 20 years and still want to go on. Making tunes for dnb ravers, keeping our scene alive. If everyone suddenly went commercial, we'd be fucked!!
sounds like a classic case of jealousy if you ask me. if you notice in this post everyone has contributed well apart from $pyto. hes acting like a 5 year old hahahah

fuck haters they're smacking it. it's not like they're giving dnb a bad name or anything in fact they're avoiding mixing the different projects together which u gotta respect tbh

Its funny how when people become successful and are exposed to a wider audience people start yelling 'sell out'.

No matter who you are, if you were offered the opportunity to work with some of the worlds biggest recording artists you'd take it. simple as.
and if you say you wouldnt then you are a massive liar.

sure, they may be following the money, but whats wrong with that? Principles only go so far, and you get into anything to become successful, and normally the rewards are monetary. why is that such a bad thing? they arent thinking about what a bunch of forum users think about them. C&S dont make the music you like anymore? so what? I dont like Pendulum that much now but i know I have a back catalogue of theirs that i can listen to and enjoy still

so true

sounds like a classic case of jealousy if you ask me. if you notice in this post everyone has contributed well apart from $pyto. hes acting like a 5 year old hahahah

Say what.

Jealous?! I don't Produce or DJ, and don't really like most of the stuff that C&S have made so I haven't got anything to be jealous of.

That's beside the point anyways. Not everyone who has contributed in this thread has also liked the attitude of C&S towards the D&B scene in that interview.

DID C&S STAB YOU IN THE FUCKIN BACK?

No, they gave you music to listen to and supported drum and bass and helped bring it to where it is today. Ive seen them multiple times in Los Angeles and I think they deserve every bit of money people wanna throw at em...

It aint like they pissed on us like pendulum did.

Never been a huge C&S fan. The tracks that I did like (e.g. Love's Theme) didn't really have much shelf life past the first few listens, and I can't help but think of how disposable sounding most of their recent stuff has been. Just my $.02.

I wonder if any DnB artist that breaks the scene will stay true to it.

Money is just to much of a temptation, I do not blame them but if they are to do it they should make sure they distance themselves from DnB not to attract the wrong crowd

(E.G Pendulum and their horde of followers)

Back
Top Bottom