Chase & Status interview and snippet of track with Rihanna

Its funny how when people become successful and are exposed to a wider audience people start yelling 'sell out'.

No matter who you are, if you were offered the opportunity to work with some of the worlds biggest recording artists you'd take it. simple as.
and if you say you wouldnt then you are a massive liar.

sure, they may be following the money, but whats wrong with that? Principles only go so far, and you get into anything to become successful, and normally the rewards are monetary. why is that such a bad thing? they arent thinking about what a bunch of forum users think about them. C&S dont make the music you like anymore? so what? I dont like Pendulum that much now but i know I have a back catalogue of theirs that i can listen to and enjoy still

Ignorant fucks. Go and make shitty tunes w/Rihanna to make shit loads of money off of people that don't know good music when they hear it!! They made one good tune, Take Me Away, that got rinsed out, so they're shit again. I can't believe they've even 'made it' as much as they have!! The scene is better off without them....

exactly!

Ignorant fucks. Go and make shitty tunes w/Rihanna to make shit loads of money off of people that don't know good music when they hear it!! They made one good tune, Take Me Away, that got rinsed out, so they're shit again. I can't believe they've even 'made it' as much as they have!! The scene is better off without them....

1 good tune, ur talking out ur shitter. And what u mean wldnt know good music if they heard it, what drum and bass is the only good music, and has anyone even heard the fuking tune, how can anyone shit talk a tune that hasn't even come out. And seems to me pretty much all the people they making tunes for contacted them and ask them to make sum tunes, what they shoulda said no were to underground for that shit. Then they really wlda got laughed at.

It is

But if you have a talent, no matter what it is, and you can get paid for having said talent, wouldnt you want to get paid for it?

I love djing, I love djing drum and bass

But if somebody told me week in week out they'd pay me £10 for a drum and bass set, or £50 for a happy hardcore set, I know which one I'd choose ... without much consideration ...

But if somebody told me week in week out they'd pay me £10 for a drum and bass set, or £50 for a happy hardcore set, I know which one I'd choose ... without much consideration ...

But thats you

People seem to forget that Snoop, Rihanna etc went to them for tracks cos they liked the dubstep stuff they did and wanted that sound on their albums, C&S didnt go looking for mainstream success, it found them and i guess they figured they could make it work and good luck to them I say.

No one made a fuss when Goldie blew up and started acting in Eastenders and was all over the BBC (the definition of mainstream media) but C&S make a couple of tunes with some commercial artists and they are all of a sudden cunts. It baffles me. I find that the D&B scene is the only one where becoming more well known is a BAD thing

Drum and bass..

But thats you

People seem to forget that Snoop, Rihanna etc went to them for tracks cos they liked the dubstep stuff they did and wanted that sound on their albums, C&S didnt go looking for mainstream success, it found them and i guess they figured they could make it work and good luck to them I say.

No one made a fuss when Goldie blew up and started acting in Eastenders and was all over the BBC (the definition of mainstream media) but C&S make a couple of tunes with some commercial artists and they are all of a sudden cunts. It baffles me. I find that the D&B scene is the only one where becoming more well known is a BAD thing

It's not that man, It's just that they wouldn't be where they are today without drum and bass

And it feels like they've turned their back on everything that made them who they are ...

Its funny how when people become successful and are exposed to a wider audience people start yelling 'sell out'.

No matter who you are, if you were offered the opportunity to work with some of the worlds biggest recording artists you'd take it. simple as.
and if you say you wouldnt then you are a massive liar.

sure, they may be following the money, but whats wrong with that? Principles only go so far, and you get into anything to become successful, and normally the rewards are monetary. why is that such a bad thing? they arent thinking about what a bunch of forum users think about them. C&S dont make the music you like anymore? so what? I dont like Pendulum that much now but i know I have a back catalogue of theirs that i can listen to and enjoy still

I dont think the selling out is the main problem, its the fact they've turned their backs on dnb and what its done for them, i rly hope they dont forget where they came from.

id choose dnb, i rly enjoy mixing dnb, blending the tunes, switching the bases, im more amped when mixing dnb than anything else, i hate mixing dubstep because of the whole "2 phrase and switch" bollocks, only thing that comes close to mixing dnb is jackin house.

id choose dnb, i rly enjoy mixing dnb, blending the tunes, switching the bases, im more amped when mixing dnb than anything else, i hate mixing dubstep because of the whole "2 phrase and switch" bollocks, only thing that comes close to mixing dnb is jackin house.

Just to clarify I'd choose dnb all day long!

That's my point ... yeah I love djing, but ask me to play happy hardcore over dnb just for the money? Fuck offfffffff lol

I dont think the selling out is the main problem, its the fact they've turned their backs on dnb and what its done for them, i rly hope they dont forget where they came from.

They probably havent forgotten where they came from or where their roots lie musically. But they dont have to shout about it or give props to D&B in every single interview they do because i'm sure most of the people who's heard of them know they are a D&B outfit anyway.

That's my point ... yeah I love djing, but ask me to play happy hardcore over dnb just for the money? Fuck offfffffff lol

Good thing you cleared that up Nift....I wasnt sure where your loyalties lie! hahahahaha

Well I do like to wear my pink furry boots in the morning, but that's as far as it goes

41S8JPK975L._AA280_.jpg

For. Teh. Win

I hear what you are saying and I seee both sides of the arguement but for me the stuff they are doing doesn't seem that far away from what they are doing anyway. The Snoop thing is pretty much Eastern jam, The DOA mix is like stuff they were doing with Roll Deep a few years ago and the Rhianna thing sounds pretty dubsteppy and more underground that anything else she has done or that I have heard any other massive multi million selling US artist ever do. As a budding producer myself I would be pretty excited to experiment and try her vocals over some big beats and basslines in the studio.

And the figures are probably more like (i'm just guessing) £1000/£1500 for a dnb tune on Ram to maybe £10,000 for Rhianna, especially as she says its the backbone of her album. A few a year over the next few years and it becomes life changing figures. Who would say no to that?

Back
Top Bottom