Chase & Status going too commercial?

ac

Since the release of their More Than Alot album, I can't help but wonder what is going on. Druids, Believe, Hurt You, Ten Tonne. Now they do hip hop with Kano.

Don't get me wrong, they are amazing producers, but I fear they may become too much like (Pendulum) and go soft on the scene.

Thoughts?

You post a lot of topics, voice. Can you perhaps be a little more specific?

I think they found a sellable "sound" with More than alot, and it's just been marketed to a wider audience and proved very successful. I can see the same happening with Subfocus too when his album drops.

It's breaking people outside the scenes perceptions of what drum and bass is about which imo, is a good thing.

I think they found a sellable "sound" with More than alot, and it's just been marketed to a wider audience and proved very successful. I can see the same happening with Subfocus too when his album drops.

It's breaking people outside the scenes perceptions of what drum and bass is about which imo, is a good thing.

Abso-fuckin-thruthly!

I'd rather see them at the top of their game than Pendulum to be honest, but yes, it seems that they are becoming a bit commercial

I dont care if they are going commercial, why is everyone so scared of this happening?
As soon as someone gets a snifter of success outside of DnB they are instantly cast out the scene. I'd imagine the same people will be saying the same thing about Subfocus next year.

can_of_worms.jpg

well matty because then you go to nights like ram and end up having a shit time because people are moshing to dnb because they have no clue about the music, and only like it now because its on radio one.

with that said, chase and status's more than a lot was rinsed by me when it came out and i still enjoy their tunes a lot.

well matty because then you go to nights like ram and end up having a shit time because people are moshing to dnb because they have no clue about the music, and only like it now because its on radio one.

with that said, chase and status's more than a lot was rinsed by me when it came out and i still enjoy their tunes a lot.

but do you enjoy their tunes "more than alot"?

True this.

But I think your guna get this in most big DnB partys like RAM/Playaz etc, because loads of wankers just use it as an excuse to go and get fucked. Playaz as a prime example Hype has released the standard DnB CD you can pick up at Tesco's "My First Rave CD" then there is god knows how many pilled up/ K'd up dickheads jumping about.

Same with High Contrast tho, saw him at Fabric while I was waiting for Andy C to come on, just loads of sweaty twats in the shutter shades and wearing no tops. Always guna be part of the scene I reckon. But hopefully these dickheads that are jumping about shirtless now may look deeper into the scene and stop acting like pricks, thus growing the scene.

Could go either way.

(IMO)

guess it doesnt really matter anyways because i dont see break, icicle, spectrasoul going mainstream anyways so those nights would be the safe one.

its nice to know tho that people dont just think PENDULUM when they hear dnb anymore, at least now its high contrast and chasing status, who have both put out epic albums.

I dont care if they are going commercial, why is everyone so scared of this happening?
As soon as someone gets a snifter of success outside of DnB they are instantly cast out the scene. I'd imagine the same people will be saying the same thing about Subfocus next year.

can_of_worms.jpg

here here

I thought that tune they did with Kano was Awesome.

Kinda surprised no one was talking about the shit remix of Eastern Jam that Snoop Dog has taking, i believe its called snoop dog millionaire. This is absolute shit if you ask me, hopefully chase & status had nothing to do with this aside from letting snoop ruin it.

I thought that tune they did with Kano was Awesome.

Kinda surprised no one was talking about the shit remix of Eastern Jam that Snoop Dog has taking, i believe its called snoop dog millionaire. This is absolute shit if you ask me, hopefully chase & status had nothing to do with this aside from letting snoop ruin it.

don't talk about that absolutely rubbish "song"

:boxing:

its nice to know tho that people dont just think PENDULUM when they hear dnb anymore, at least now its high contrast and chasing status, who have both put out epic albums.

This is true, and I think it's also true that even if people only come to dnb nights to get fucked, some of these people will start to get more and more into drum and bass, and going to events will be more and more about the music, and less about drugs. That's how it happened to me anyway. :)

Buuut, I don't know if C&S are getting too 'commercial' just a bit too big for their boots. I went to One Nation, and they didn't turn up.

This wasn't cool, loads of people were pissed off about it.

Back
Top Bottom