Chase & Status ft. Sub Focus - Flashing Lights (dubstep)

mr meh

VIP Junglist
another track from the album, sounding like its gonna be monstrous....

Last edited by a moderator:
another gratuitous dubstep thread.
I'm sure this will be rinsed by the like of Zane Lowe and Annie Mac for the 13 year old brigade.

Thats a monstrous track, i wont lie.

Sounds a bit too much like a cross between smash tv and eastern jam though :/

Last edited:
The track's alright, but let's face it, these three could write tracks like this in their sleep

I wanna hear new stylesss, that's what Sub Focus especially was always all about for me, his tunes always had fresh ideas and often sounded like nothing you'd ever heard before, Timewarp and Vapourise for example

This is just a bit too obvious for me, same old chainsaw dubstep with a pop vocal to keep the teenage girls happy

So much potential that's going to waste

Not feelin this!!, subfocus is a heavy producer, but was way better when he was up an comin...... Fair doo's they know what there doin, and they know what crowd there aimin for, cant blame heads for goin where the £ is.. But this tune could be ANYONE as far as im concernd, although you can hear theyve pressed the chase & status button on the track. just sounds like all there other stuff thou

Safe

Don't mind it but it's the standard cheesy vocals into a dirty drop with the same synth i've heard in about 500000000000000 other dubstep tunes. Fair enough if I was fucked and out on the town i'd love it but this sound is really boring to me now prefer to have a bit more depth to a tune.

hmmm it's alright i've heard worse. Never been much of a fan of Chase n Status dubstep tunes and never really been a fan of that many Sub focus tunes. Like everyone else has said it could be much better

I wanna hear new stylesss, that's what Sub Focus especially was always all about for me, his tunes always had fresh ideas and often sounded like nothing you'd ever heard before, Timewarp and Vapourise for example

While both tunes were widely received, doing the whole triplets thing was nothing new. Other artists had been doing it for years. Sub just bought people's attention to that music structure again :)

While both tunes were widely received, doing the whole triplets thing was nothing new. Other artists had been doing it for years. Sub just bought people's attention to that music structure again :)

And he did it fucking well may I add. Sure, people bang on about how much they hate Timewarp, it got played out etc etc etc, that tune murdered raves for months and was just another example of Sub's production nouse.

Back
Top Bottom