Chase n Status are doing a movie ????

its not so much that i hate them, its more the people that listen to them. you know the types, flourescent wrist/head band, drop beats not bombs t-shirt, glowsticks and perhaps a lollipop, who love dnb so much that they dont actually know anything about it.

A lot of my mates have gotten into DnB in the last year due to these guys.
They're adament that C&S are the best thing DnB have ever produced.

I try and link them to some old school shit and they ain't interested.
Stuff them. They know arse.

But as is said before, don't care what they do. Will continue not to care.

0fe10b350f12.jpg

Whats up with the Christchurch logos? Cosmic corner & Urban Notion...

its not so much that i hate them, its more the people that listen to them. you know the types, flourescent wrist/head band, drop beats not bombs t-shirt, glowsticks and perhaps a lollipop, who love dnb so much that they dont actually know anything about it.

wise words.... you can't hate them for what they do... i just dislike the way their made out to be the face of dnb. especially when theirs so many people making original and forward thinking music.

I think people have every right to not like Chase and Status, just as much as some one has a right to like them. It's like someone making a thread and saying, "why does everyone love C+S so much, stop loving them, I don't." It is stupid and stubborn to think, "you can't hate on them because they are amazing producers." Plus, production skills are highly over-valued, its all about musicality.

They make music, as form of art and expression, which is put to market and there to be critiqued or to be adulated. That is the point of art, to bring some form of emotion or thought to the piece.

I'm not into Chase and Status for the simple reason that I don't like thier sound. I couldn't care less if they were famous or not, the sound and vibe they have is just not me and not my type of drum and bass.

The same can be said for much of drum and bass, for a genre that is meant to be different and forward thinking, the face of the genre such as Chase and Subfocus and DJ's like Hype are suprisingly stale and unoriginal.

I don't hate on them by any means, but I don't like them either.

I think people have every right to not like Chase and Status, just as much as some one has a right to like them. It's like someone making a thread and saying, "why does everyone love C+S so much, stop loving them, I don't." It is stupid and stubborn to think, "you can't hate on them because they are amazing producers." Plus, production skills are highly over-valued, its all about musicality.

They make music, as form of art and expression, which is put to market and there to be critiqued or to be adulated. That is the point of art, to bring some form of emotion or thought to the piece.

I'm not into Chase and Status for the simple reason that I don't like thier sound. I couldn't care less if they were famous or not, the sound and vibe they have is just not me and not my type of drum and bass.

The same can be said for much of drum and bass, for a genre that is meant to be different and forward thinking, the face of the genre such as Chase and Subfocus and DJ's like Hype are suprisingly stale and unoriginal.

I don't hate on them by any means, but I don't like them either.

Are you sure lol, i'll wait for chapter 2 till i make up my mind :D

Like this guy?

wm2.php

(taken when chase & status played at my uni)

almost like an animal attacking its reflection in a mirror, i nutted my screen as soon as i saw that picture.

this

when I had to give my 15 year old sister and her mates a lift somewhere, and end credits came on the radio they were all like 'AHHHH I looooove chasing the status! drum and bass is so good' etc....
chase and status have some bangin tunes, I think it's more annoying that someone will call themselves a dnb fan and only have more than alot on cd or something :s
party inspector you have one fucked up sig !
and dnbkingz is that a screenshot from oldboy?? if so, siick movie

Back
Top Bottom