Charlie Van Pelt - "Struggling With Destiny"

Charlie Van Pelt

Charles N. Charge
The floodgates seem to have opened regarding my output these days. Here's my second song of 2007.

charlievanpelt+strugglingwithdestiny2.jpg
Struggling With Destiny (chillout, ambient - 6:59)

I've actually had the melody for this song in my head since last year; I was planning to flesh it out right after completing "My Last." As you all know, that's not what actually happened.

Now, you might recognize one synth from a previous release, and that's fine. It fits this song much better, anyway. :D

As always, download and (hopefully) enjoy!

Nice spacey intro, breakdown sounds too distorted on the melody.

The drums need filling up a bit, a break would really do the trick.

Like the melodys, but the levels seem well off, pads far to loud, drums not loud enough, etc.

I think switching the drum pattern / bassline on the second drop would really progress the track as well.

Solid effort tho CVP :spliff:

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Jay.

You might have a point on those pads...I'm listening to the track now, and perhaps they could have been turned down a few smidgens. Gotta love hindsight, innit.

I'm already working on number three of this year, so I can atone for past sins. :D

You're pretty spot-on with that review, Logikz. This was one track which I didn't think called for too many switches, but rather, making the most of a minimal amount of ingredients.

Funny that you say that the melodies are hymn-ish, what with me singing in a choir and all. But I digress. :D

Until next time - and I promise, next time will not take one year. :)

oi charlie (been a while eh?). not a bad track. for me the sounds are a bit too happy, bit nintendo sounding. I hear you still put your spiritual elevation into your work. I actually expected something different after the bridge, try to get something more varying on the go next time!

Back
Top Bottom