Charlie L October Mix 2011 Mark Two

charlie131

VIP Junglist
Easy All... Dont usually do mixes so close together but now that i have sorted out my own decks and dont have to record on other peoples I thought that I would put out a full length mix instead of one that was cut out half way through...

Tried to cover all styles of dnb as there is so much good music out there but as you can see by the track list, the oblivion lp and way of the warrior are a pretty heavy factor in it!!

Any way hope you guys enjoy it and feedback is always welcome...

Oh One more thing.. that james blake remix is by system d is anyone was wondering...

Tracklist

Nero - New Life

State Of Mind - Ronald Regan

Fierce and D Bridge - Exhale

Vicious Circle and Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon
>> Logistics - Colourwheel

Foreign Concept - Mob Justice

Skeptical - Blue Eyes

T.E.D. - Garden Calibre Remix

Dillinja - Hard Noize

Alex Perez, Rockwell and Spectrasoul - Montepellier
>> Fire Fox - Bonanza Kid

Fierce, Vicious Circle and Jubei - Fiend

Alix Perez - Exemption

Culture Shock - Ohrwurm

Nu: Tone - The First Time

Optiv and Btk - Lurker

Rockwell and Phace - Rat Race

Acuna - See My Lady

Optiv - Waterboard

TC - Tap Ho

Commix and Icicle - Ultra Clean

Floetry - Say Yes Btk Bootleg

Fierce and Spy - Borderline

D Bridge - Since We've Been Apart
>> Siren - Broken Silence

Calibre - Who's Singing

Dramatic and Dbaudio - So Strong

Fierce and Vicious Circle - Feedback

Physics - Dream World D Bridge Remix

A Sides - Another Earth

Foreign Concept - Cemetery

Dub Phizx - The Editor

Fierce and Vicious Circle - Euphoric
>> Subphonics - The Code SKC Remix

Download Link
http://dnbshare.com/download/Charlie_L_October_Mix_2011_Mark_Two.mp3.html

I'll be putting it up on soundcloud later in the day

Serious mang!

TL looks pure fire!

On it charles! Your spoiling us atm!

Nice One Stu!!

Yeah I really wanted to put out another mix as the last two either were cut short or had jumpy needles fucking up the mixes. But I think this one turned out al right thank god so hope you enjoy it man!

jealous...
will check this no doubt
did u get it up on soundcloud?

nice one teddy! yeah since we've been apart is defently my fav tune off wotw lp... Such a perfect mellow roller...

I tried upping this to soundcloud but because i have that nero tune in it, soundcloud has said that I cant because I do not have permission from universal recorcs to use that tune in my mix.. Sent a complaint e-mail but waiting a responce..

Anyway dude cheers for picking this one up bro, Let me know what you think of it in due course

fav section

Skeptical - Blue Eyes

Dillinja - Hard Noize

really good throughout man, your mixing seems tighter than ever.
really enjoyed the selection, covered a bit of everything which is always nice to hear.
respecta to yourself, thoroughly enjoyable

fav section

Skeptical - Blue Eyes

Dillinja - Hard Noize

really good throughout man, your mixing seems tighter than ever.
really enjoyed the selection, covered a bit of everything which is always nice to hear.
respecta to yourself, thoroughly enjoyable

Nice One Jwood!!

that part was one of my fav's as well.. I had wayne over here early this week and he was bopping along to the garden >> Hard noize mix !

The mixing has got alot better since the new needles came into action.. life savers!

I'm listening to your mix as i type this so will give feedback later on

at last ive got round to listening mate.
first mix was safe, tunes arent so much my cup of tea but they sounded sweet mixed together.
exhale - fuck! this mix is serious man! shame it had to end, actually im gonna rewind and have it again. oh i bet this tune is digi only. shame
lcs - another great mix.
>> colourwheel - nice! i liked the bass switches. they worked well and sounded smooth. you got the levels spot on.
mob justice - was cool, shame the vocals clashed but didnt sound too bad. thought the into was a bit loud in the mix, left LCS in the background a but but still a good blend.
blue eyes - im all about this tune. safe mix, u got those diff drum patterns to fuse nicley. spot on beatmatching to get them to drop perfect too, esp as mob justice's breakdown doesnt give u much to keep them locked. mix ended a bit suddenly tho.
garden - wow! perfect eq work man, liked the lil bass switches/teases too. was vibes. goosebump business.
hard noize - not sure how this is gonna work tbh. ok, i was wrong! a nice fuse of styles, shame u didnt make a switch when hard noize's drums cut out.
montepellier - yeah not bad man!
bonanza kid - YES YES!
fiend - drums came in a bit loud but sounded real swish after the switch. think u could have ended the mix on that first breakdown bit tho.
exemption - swish
ohrwurm - yeah ok
first time - ohrwurh got left behind a bit in this blend. a lil less mid on first time would have cleaned it.
lurker - ok
rat race - nice mix. i dont understand this tune tho. when i hear it i like it, but when i play it at home im just not feeling it. might just be my copy is a bit meh... just dont sound right.
see my lady - not heard of this before .. not my type of tune but liking how the mix sounds.
waterboard - yea not bad!
tap ho - im sure the mix is cool man, but i gotta ffwrd. tap ho makes me want to end my life and all those around me.
caught the end of the ultra clean mix and that sounded good.
say yes - nice tune this.
borderline - drums sound wicked together. great blend.
since we've been apart - tad less treble to start with, that snare really pokes through the mix. nice blend, top tune.
>>broken silence - that pad is always so loud in the mix, dunno why, i always drop the mid on the intro right down. loved the mix tho, esp the way the vocals played against/after each other.
who's singing - niceeeee!
so strong - great mix - real smooth
feedback - sounding good!
dream world - nice
another earth - came in nice, worked really well togehter
cemetery - wow! ace man! heard see red come in for a bit then, u change ur mind?
editor - didn't like the b lines together tbh
euphoric - nicely eq'd, editors b line pumps quite nicley and subtly underneath this track.
>> code - go out hard and in style... awesome blend.

to sum up mate, i really enjoyed this. definitely the best mix ive heard from u imo
really liked the selection, bass switches and the way u fused different styles toghether.
big ups charlie

at last ive got round to listening mate.
first mix was safe, tunes arent so much my cup of tea but they sounded sweet mixed together.
exhale - fuck! this mix is serious man! shame it had to end, actually im gonna rewind and have it again. oh i bet this tune is digi only. shame
lcs - another great mix.
>> colourwheel - nice! i liked the bass switches. they worked well and sounded smooth. you got the levels spot on.
mob justice - was cool, shame the vocals clashed but didnt sound too bad. thought the into was a bit loud in the mix, left LCS in the background a but but still a good blend.
blue eyes - im all about this tune. safe mix, u got those diff drum patterns to fuse nicley. spot on beatmatching to get them to drop perfect too, esp as mob justice's breakdown doesnt give u much to keep them locked. mix ended a bit suddenly tho.
garden - wow! perfect eq work man, liked the lil bass switches/teases too. was vibes. goosebump business.
hard noize - not sure how this is gonna work tbh. ok, i was wrong! a nice fuse of styles, shame u didnt make a switch when hard noize's drums cut out.
montepellier - yeah not bad man!
bonanza kid - YES YES!
fiend - drums came in a bit loud but sounded real swish after the switch. think u could have ended the mix on that first breakdown bit tho.
exemption - swish
ohrwurm - yeah ok
first time - ohrwurh got left behind a bit in this blend. a lil less mid on first time would have cleaned it.
lurker - ok
rat race - nice mix. i dont understand this tune tho. when i hear it i like it, but when i play it at home im just not feeling it. might just be my copy is a bit meh... just dont sound right.
see my lady - not heard of this before .. not my type of tune but liking how the mix sounds.
waterboard - yea not bad!
tap ho - im sure the mix is cool man, but i gotta ffwrd. tap ho makes me want to end my life and all those around me.
caught the end of the ultra clean mix and that sounded good.
say yes - nice tune this.
borderline - drums sound wicked together. great blend.
since we've been apart - tad less treble to start with, that snare really pokes through the mix. nice blend, top tune.
>>broken silence - that pad is always so loud in the mix, dunno why, i always drop the mid on the intro right down. loved the mix tho, esp the way the vocals played against/after each other.
who's singing - niceeeee!
so strong - great mix - real smooth
feedback - sounding good!
dream world - nice
another earth - came in nice, worked really well togehter
cemetery - wow! ace man! heard see red come in for a bit then, u change ur mind?
editor - didn't like the b lines together tbh
euphoric - nicely eq'd, editors b line pumps quite nicley and subtly underneath this track.
>> code - go out hard and in style... awesome blend.

to sum up mate, i really enjoyed this. definitely the best mix ive heard from u imo
really liked the selection, bass switches and the way u fused different styles toghether.
big ups charlie

Safe teddy for the kind words!! Once again coming back with the serious feedback! haha
I felt that this was my best mix overall ...
Really enjoyed making this so i'm glad you liked it..

I fucked up the see red mix so i had to take it out, annoying, also missed a tease of fire fist over lurker

Last edited:
yep, enjoyed it :) diverse selection and some nice ideas!

Cheers mang!! always try and have a little bit of everything in my mixes.. I get really bored of one style quickly so always try to switch up sub genres... Glad you enjoyed it bro!

Back
Top Bottom