Charlie L May Mix 2010

charlie131

VIP Junglist
Morning people i put this mix together last week and now have had time to upload, pretty much covers all area's of dnb well the ones i like, its bang on an hour and done on two 1210's and an ecler. this is my last vinyl mix before i switch to the digital revolution so i hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you think of it

Link

http://soundcloud.com/charlie131/may-mix-2010

Tracklist
Top cat – Mr Undertaker Remix
Dj Marky and Spy – Riff Raff
Dj Hazard – All I Can Say
Dj Die – Bright Lights
Phace – Strange Science
Culture Shock – Bad Red
>> Bad Company – The Nine
Artificial Intelligence – Blind Eye
Andy C – Night flight
Lenzman – Open Pages
Break – Bass Face
Icicle – Minimal Funk
Spinline – Groove Scam
Mj Cole – Sincere Eveson Remix
Digital – Final Demand Spy Remix
MIST – 3am
>> Commix – Strictly
Dj Hazard – Psychedelic
>> Ed Rush and Optical – Alien Girl
Shimon – Crossbow
>> Spectrasoul – Mimic
Interface – Get LO
Artificial Intelligence – 3’s A Crowd
>> Jo – R-Type
Culture Shock – Surprise
>> Logistics – Colour Wheel
Spor, Ewun, Evol Intent – Levitate
Drum sound Bassline Smith – Mafia Vip

hope you guys enjoy and feedback would be great !!!

Wicked man, alot of my favourites in there. Will download tonight and listen at work 2moro.
Big ups!

safe nuera nice for for saying you'll pick this one up, your mix is still on rotation on my i-pod, i introduced to a few mates and there keeping an eye on you now (no pressure) hahaha

looks like some sik variation in that tracklist dude, on the dl, il give you a shout when ive had a listen

looks like some sik variation in that tracklist dude, on the dl, il give you a shout when ive had a listen

cheers man he you like.. to me its all about variation i hate listening to sets which a just focused on one style of dnb, it jsut gets jarring and you can never build up to a heavy track if there all the same... think that makes sense

just listened to the whole lot tidying my flat, very nice job mate, i really enjoyed that!
and as before, nice variation on the tracklist, it made the whole thing epic.

il keep an eye out for future mixes mate

Ez,

Just got round to listning today man, thought id give as full a review as possible, so apologies if I ramble on.
Overall the mix was sweet, beatmatching was solid, and the mix flowed well. There was a couple of times where I would have liked to hear mixes instead of switches (Most notibly Nightflight >> Open Page >> Bass Face) But there were alot of mixes in there that I really enjoyed like,

Shimon – Crossbow
>> Spectrasoul – Mimic

Only a couple of gripes really, dont take this the wrong way, just wanted to offer some constructive critism.
Sounded like you keep both basslines up on both tunes when you mix them? Dont know why but this is a bit of a pet hate of mine. Just seems like theres a bit too much going on, I always have the tune im mixing out of with the bass completely off, just sounds abit cleaner IMO and it makes it easier to beat match. At times it sounded slightly distorted so might be a few EQing issues as a few tunes seemed to come in quite loud as well. For example

Shimon - Crossbow
Interface – Get LO

Only other thing, I would have liked abit more of a bigger intro. Something to really draw the listner in straight away if that makes sense.

Hope I dont sound like too much of a twat, but thought id offer something instead of saying "Yeah this is great, blah blah"
Other than that tho, solid mix man, let me know of anymore in the future.

:)

hi mate, dont mean to be a pain but....any chance of a smaller file instead of wav? :) if not then dont worry man, but i wouldnt mind dling this mix, looks heavy!

finally worked out that stupid lame coder thingy, heres the link

http://dnbshare.com/download/maymix2010.mp3.html

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Ez,

Just got round to listning today man, thought id give as full a review as possible, so apologies if I ramble on.
Overall the mix was sweet, beatmatching was solid, and the mix flowed well. There was a couple of times where I would have liked to hear mixes instead of switches (Most notibly Nightflight >> Open Page >> Bass Face) But there were alot of mixes in there that I really enjoyed like,

Shimon – Crossbow
>> Spectrasoul – Mimic

Only a couple of gripes really, dont take this the wrong way, just wanted to offer some constructive critism.
Sounded like you keep both basslines up on both tunes when you mix them? Dont know why but this is a bit of a pet hate of mine. Just seems like theres a bit too much going on, I always have the tune im mixing out of with the bass completely off, just sounds abit cleaner IMO and it makes it easier to beat match. At times it sounded slightly distorted so might be a few EQing issues as a few tunes seemed to come in quite loud as well. For example

Shimon - Crossbow
Interface – Get LO

Only other thing, I would have liked abit more of a bigger intro. Something to really draw the listner in straight away if that makes sense.

Hope I dont sound like too much of a twat, but thought id offer something instead of saying "Yeah this is great, blah blah"
Other than that tho, solid mix man, let me know of anymore in the future.

:)

Safe for the indepth feedback nuera. i know what you mean about the conflicting basses in mixes listening back i should of cut out hte bass of bass face when i brought in groove scam and there are one or two that could of had that little touch up when i was recording this i had my monitors quite load and you couldn't really hear the clashing.

as for the part with night flight into open pages i just wanted to cut out nightflight and let open pages roll i was quite lean when this was done and so i just wanted the track to just be on its own.. i think thats safe to say bout hte opener, i was looking for a double drop with it earlier on but i just thought it worked well on its own and therefore didnt really want to double drop for the hell of it..

i'm glad you picked up on sincere remix into final demand i was pretty proud of that one when i was trying that out, the bass of final demand goes really well over sincere i think.

again cheers for the feedback will do the same on your next mix

Fantastic Mix

My one suggestion is to record in a DAW such as Ableton and then put a compressor on after wards to minimize the volume level fluctuations.

But other than that it was really great and it made my work day go by faster! Thanks!

Fantastic Mix

My one suggestion is to record in a DAW such as Ableton and then put a compressor on after wards to minimize the volume level fluctuations.

But other than that it was really great and it made my work day go by faster! Thanks!

cheers for the feedback i'm glad this mix helped you through ya day. i'll havea look into that daw thingy for the next mix

anyone else on this?

sorry im late with the feedback man, enjoyed this mix though, pure variety!

Bright Lights sounded great with Strange Science
3am >> Strictly was sick, as was Crossbow >> Mimic

also agree with what Nuera said about the bass, sometimes two going at once can get a bit distorted, but overall a very good mix, especially seeing as you were lean lol!

sorry im late with the feedback man, enjoyed this mix though, pure variety!

Bright Lights sounded great with Strange Science
3am >> Strictly was sick, as was Crossbow >> Mimic

also agree with what Nuera said about the bass, sometimes two going at once can get a bit distorted, but overall a very good mix, especially seeing as you were lean lol!

safe for the feedback postman.. i've taken into account what nuera said as i'm putting together another mix for june and i've always got that little bit of advice in my head when i'm test running it..

glad you liked the 3am >> strictly mix.. been doing that for a while but never put it in a mix so i thought it was about time!!

next one should be up in about a week so watch this space!!!;)

Back
Top Bottom