Charlie L December Mix 2011

just had a listen while I was packing. All sounded real neat and great tune selection. Yours have become insta-downloads certainly. never fail to disappoint.

just had a listen while I was packing. All sounded real neat and great tune selection. Yours have become insta-downloads certainly. never fail to disappoint.

Nice one Hero... guess all the practice is paying off!! thank you for the kind words

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

got it uploaded on my soundcloud account now as well if ppl just wanna stream it

http://soundcloud.com/charlie131

Photek - Age Of Empires - rar!! horns 4 94

Enei - No Fear - sounding nice, would have been tempted to bring it in on the "those are the rules" bit - bit suddedn on the cut off but overall a swish mix man.

L 33 - The Return - dont think i know this one. fuck i should do its hench. nice mix man, no fear's percussion got a lil left behind tho, lil less mid on this might have helped.
digging it man, 3 tracks in a 3 different flavours, nice work.

Icicle Ft. Sp Mc - Dreadnaught - couldn't have worked better tbh. vocals had enough room. was cool!
Phace - Freedom Of Filth - cant wait to hear how it goes, love this tune but its a bit of a cnut to mix. came in a lil loud, think u knew that tho coz the voulme dropped back down. vocal was lacking during the intro, sounded swish on the drop. loving this mix.

Ed Rush and Optical - Chubrub - goosebumps when i heard it first come in. real nice this one. i would have cut the mix earlier tho. on the next phrase when fofilth got more complex i dont think the mix sounded right.

>> Optiv and Btk - Let It Hit Em - liked it when they both had the drums cut out. the drop tho, there was so much going on. i think eq wise this one needed to be in the background to chubrub to make it smoother.

Maztek - Straight To Bed - liked the switch, wicked way to bring it in. overall mix was cool too.
>> Shy Fx - Feelings - nice, thought it would sound crap, i never would have thought of it tbh but no it was a wicked lil tease.

Gridlock - Insecticide - started off real cool, then it stole all the space from straight to bed later on.

Dose - Squander - worked well.

Fierce and D Bridge - Exhale - fuck a duck! serious! lil less mid on this tho, nr the end of the blend. squander's noises got a lil muffled. i would have had exhales bass and trebble on 12 and the mid a bit less, squander less everything except mid. then when crossovering flick fader and put the mid back to full on exhale in the same movement.

Logistics - Closer - king nice!

Dub Phizx - Shakedown - was good, real good, when it switched tho. felt like all the energy had gone. maybe this was just a bit lacking in volume. looks a lil bit shy on the waveform.

Kasra and Jubei - The rift - ive not found anything to mix this with yet. this nailed it, its really fooking wicked charlie, big up! if i had shakedown i'd be nabbing this blend.

Painmon and Place 2b - Funeral Trizna - not heard this before, mix worked well, tune is gully.

Flame - The Game - not heard this either. like the tune, not so much the vocals. mix was good tho.

Xtrah - Arise - grrr!!! this is so good!! few lil beat slips but nothing major.

The Sect - Cybermen Break Remix - bad boy blend!

Wilkinson - Tonight - fucking hate this track, wilkinson sucks dick at making tunes imo, but thats just my view. sounds like some early 90's cheese house but wait its actually dnb with a nice bassline actually. anyway the mix was good man.

D Bridge, Fierce, Break and Nico - Galleon - not bad. bit heavy tonight got left out the mix slightl

Mute and Mako - Who Knows - these 2 dont get enough cred. they make bad tunes. mix was nice and clean.

A Sides - Aint Nobody - drums came in a bit loud. was a bit wobbly at points too.

Craggz and Parallel Forces - Turn the Page Need For Mirrors Remix - cool!

Spy - Bulldozer - wasn't really feeling it tbh. wasn't bad but wasn't brilliant.
>>Level 2 - Ghetto Sounds Vip - yes yes!

Fierce and Vicious Circle - Section Vip - wicked! worked well together.

Mindscape and Hydro - Pest Control - thought the mids were a bit high on the intro, sounded better on the drop. a nice blend.

Lynx - Without Warning - isn't this just disco dodo. bit of a clang when dropped, fixed it quick tho. mix was ok.

Audio, Sect, Gein, The Sect - Untitiled Freebie - came in a bit sudden and loud. sounded fucking hench tho, hard to keep my face still.

Demo and Cease - Ladies Night Vip - brought it in wicked, mix was next level business. serious energy agwarn. only thing i would have changed is u missed a great opertunity to do a lil cheeky switch to ladies night when it went silent then quick back again. would have been safe.
>> Noisia And Phace - Floating Zero - wow no time wasted. nicley eq'd to get the best mix out of it.

Break - Hot Love - nice, loved the into. drop sounded cool 2

Fourward - Stuck Jade Remix - mega!!!!!!!

The Upbeats - Raiders - took a while for me to get my head round what was going on. enjoyed it once i got the rhythum. not heard this track before.

Phace and Rockwell - NO! - fuck man! this is the one right here.

Lenzman - Diamonds - wow, lil wobble there man. look alive. never thought to mix soul vibes with no b4. worked quite well.

Sato - Detroit Lies Bleeding - cool!

D Bridge, Break, Hive, Gridlock - Standing Room Only - dropped perfect, wicked beat matching there man, impressive. mix was henchalottadingdong!

Dj Nut Nut - Special Dedication Sigma remix - nice man! much prefer the original to this one, but its much better for mixing i imagine.

Jazz Steppa - Raise The Bar Stray Remix - fuck man!! near on perfect 4 me, such a shame some of vocals clash slightly.

Spinline - Junction 13 - yeah ok!

Lynx - How You Move Me - cool

Sub Focus - Time Warp Vip - timewarp? i thought better of u mate! tut tut! mix was good tho!

Arpxp - Winter In Sardinia - swiish! digged this alot.

Break - Slow Down Vip (Tease) - those notes sat harmony perfect with winter in sardinia. great clean mix man.

this was swish as fook charlie.
selection was varied and nice. lots of tunes ive never heard before which is always a plus. mixing was cool. some of the blends were next level man. not really much i didn't like and im a picky bastards.

thought we could try a 3rd page for ya, it deserves it with that TL.

can't really compete with that feedback business...but still...

have to agree with Hero, your mixes are pretty much instant downloads, love the selection, kept me interested throughout

fav parts

chubrub
>>let it hit em'

closer
shakedown
the rift. --- love this little section. been toying about bagging closer just a shame that wanky if we ever VIP is on the flip.

timewarp
winter in sardinia
slow down VIP --- also another fav, not mad on timewarp but thought it went really well with w.i sardinia.

big ups mang, never failing to disappoint charlie! tight throughout.

looking forward to your next slice of goodness bro :D

Last edited:
Safe Stu..

Glad you enjoyed the mix bud..

NIce to hear you liked the bit with timewarp because thats the bit i was annoyed at.. I fucked up double dropping hubble over iTimewarp which was the whole reason i put it in teh mix hence why i just let it roll out for a bit. but nice on for liking taht bit..

haha I hope the next one does your ears justice, Already started putting it together, ust need to wait for shit like subwave's album to come out before i record it!

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Give this a listen and really impressed with the set mate! Tight mixing and nice, varied tunes. Loving some of the double drops too! Cheers.

Nice one jonny glad you enjoyed teh mix

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

And big ups teddy for teh immense feedback. Always love yours since its mainly about the levels etc. Cheers for that blud fiya!!

Almost forgot to leave a little braap! braap! on this one mate. Your 'Raise the bar' remix >> 'Special Dedication' remix has to be one of the biggest double drops I've ever heard! Maximum respect Charlie! :gun:

Selection dark so listen up!

What's the name of the tune that drops at 52m19?

Almost forgot to leave a little braap! braap! on this one mate. Your 'Raise the bar' remix >> 'Special Dedication' remix has to be one of the biggest double drops I've ever heard! Maximum respect Charlie! :gun:

Selection dark so listen up!

ah cheers jaro.!!!

What's the name of the tune that drops at 52m19?

Yeah Raising the bar is a sick tune!! I drew that on wayne when he was at my house and he was screw facing ! haha

think the tune you want is section vip by vicious circle and fierce, slick tune..

Cheers for listening to the mix buddy will check your next one out

Back
Top Bottom