Charlie L Best Of 2011 Roller Mix

thought I'd get back to you with some feedback pal...

fav parts

Fracture & System - Short Circuit
Marka
Justice Over Law - loved this opening section. got me interested from the off :)

Lynx - Balloons
BTK - Things I Do remix - PURE FIRE. probably rewound this mix 3 or 4 times when I first listened...really great blend, it just all seemed to work so well together :2thumbs:

Emperor - The Sovereign
Rene LaVice - Headlock
>> Alix Perez - Behind Time - good 3 tune section again. great use of serato to bring in Behind time so quickly. biggles.

Hydro and Halogenix - Halcyon Daze
Dabs and Amoss - Still There - really rated this blend again. good EQing and these two sat superbly together IMO.

Commix - Talk To Frank Break Remix
Culture Shock - Protection - YES. would have maybe preferred it as a double, but mix was still rolling again...maybe a tiny bit less treble on TTF remix when its leaving the mix but other than that this was nice...
Blue Eyes - can hear this poking through...DOUBLE! yes. big love for this mix. vibes. EQing again pretty solid Charles!
Garden (Calibre Remix) - oooooooosssh...pretty cool double again, EQed well, smooth transition!

& a special mention.
Jonny L vs Instramental - Output 1-2 - massive tune...was grinning ear to ear when this was coming in. big switch :D
Ulterior Motive and Fd - All That We Are - WOAAAH. gully. nothing else needs to said.

So a little summary...
Really enjoyed the flow of this mix. TL is right up my street, and as you can see from the above, most of this mix was IMO slick.
Couple of slips and slides along the way...the getting nowhere remix & talk to frank remix was a bit out on the drop and a bit shaky at times...but thats me being picky tbh. you got it back which is what matters most :D
Also Dreadnought should be in the TL after Things I Do Remix :D was unexpected when I heard it.

Some of the blends especially the balloons - things I do remix were insane. It really shows you listen to you tunes to work out some of these mixes which is great. All in all really enjoyed the selection and mixing throughout.

Will be peeping your next mix pal. Big ups for this one Charles!
Peace

cheers stu.. Really good in depth feedback!

I screwed up the protection ttf mix thats why i had to mix in after the second drop of ttf! haha but gald you liked it!

It took me about 3 weeks or so to put thsi together so fiddled with the tracklist umpteen times to find the right tracks... It was also really nice to go over all my fav tunes from the year and put them all together in a mix... That mix with balloons and things i do is a personnel fav, I'm really happy with how that 20 mins or so of the mix turned out.

Yeah i forgot to put dreadnaught in the tracklisting... Nice suprise hahah

Cheers again Stu... I've got the new one all ready to go, just need to record it.

Ez bro,
Just finished listening to this now, very impressive! Everything sounded tight and it seemed like all the mixes were well thought out. Beatmatching was super smooth as well. I always find it easier to spot mistakes when listening to minimal mixes like this but I struggled to pick anything out!

Lynx - Playskool
Btk - The Things I Do Spectrasoul Remix
Icicle - Dreanaught
Emperor - The Sovereign
Rene LaVice - Headlock
>> Alix Perez - Behind Time

Was too sick, never heard the Sovereign before. Like it!

Digital - Deadline
Krakota - Scraper
Magnetic Man - Getting Nowhere Breakage Remix
Commix - Talk To Frank Break Remix

Culture Shock - Protection
Skeptical - Blue Eyes
T.E.E.D. - Garden Calibre Remix

Were badboy! Especially Protection >> Blue Eyes! I still dont have the original Deadline but the mix makes me want to go and pick it up :D

and much respect for playing The Mines, that tune is so gully! Definitey getting it cut when I get paid.

Overall it was wicked man, well thought out and every blend worked brilliantly, no clashing of styles and the EQing was SLEEEEEEEK!
Big ups man, cant wait for the next one :)

Hahaha it's all good rich.

Safe Matt for the feedback.. Best of 2011 part 2 will hopefully be arriving next week!

Was diggin the tl mate, so I threw it on the pod yday

Will listen & come back with the feed bled

had a listen.. TL right down my street, nice mixing few tiny slips but as someone said nothing major! good work son!

Easy mate, this was laavely to listen to on the way to work @ 7am this morning! I've not completely finished listening just as yet tbh, but had to re-load back to the start of this bit:

Emperor - The Sovereign

Rene LaVice - Headlock
>> Alix Perez - Behind Time

Calibre - Blazin

Atom - In The Middle

Level 2 - In My Mind

Thought the tunes blended really well together, and everything sat perfectly tbh. Looking forward to hearing the dancefloor mix blad

Easy mate, this was laavely to listen to on the way to work @ 7am this morning! I've not completely finished listening just as yet tbh, but had to re-load back to the start of this bit:

Thought the tunes blended really well together, and everything sat perfectly tbh. Looking forward to hearing the dancefloor mix blad

Nice One Spyto!!!

Glad you liked the first section of the mix bro... More to come! hahaha

Dancefloor Mix is almost complete, taken a bit of a turn down the old 90's tech route but that cant be a bad thing! will drop it some time next week

Big Ups For Listening

Back
Top Bottom