DnB Chapter 11 - Discarded (WIP) feedback appreciated !

Chapter11

Evening lads,

In my usual short-story before I post a shitty project that I've been working on I'll add some back story to this track for those who care.

Having recently been promoted at work (not good) and having no time to live let alone work on any projects I've been scraping every 10 minutes I can get hold of to try and work on something.

This is what I've got so far, any feedback on the intro (is it too boring / does the intro strings come in too abruptly?) and anything in general is greatly appreciated.

P.S. big ups to those who have given me feedback in the past (it really has helped) - special shouts to Machinistom.

I like this Chapter, drums pop very nicely. The sample in the middle seems to come a lil out of nowhere if you ask me though, its a little to starck of a difference to what comes before and after imo.
Maybe you could chop up the sample a little bit and make a different melody out of it, that would make it flow better maybe. Or maybe just have some percussion behind it?
Drop is good though, i like the bassline and vocal sample, so with just a bit of work im sure this will be sick track!

I like the drums alot. the vocals seem to hit a weird note every now and then. like its off key then comes back. there is some crazy sounding reece that is dope but used twice. i think it would sound cool to use it a couple more times. other than that good choon.

I like this Chapter, drums pop very nicely. The sample in the middle seems to come a lil out of nowhere if you ask me though, its a little to starck of a difference to what comes before and after imo.
Maybe you could chop up the sample a little bit and make a different melody out of it, that would make it flow better maybe. Or maybe just have some percussion behind it?
Drop is good though, i like the bassline and vocal sample, so with just a bit of work im sure this will be sick track!

The strings sample is something I was on the fence about originally, I had been sitting on it for a while and was itching to put it in a track. I'll take that section back a bit and see if I can find a way to have them blend in more with the vibe of the main hook.

Thanks for the feedback brother !

Very clean man!

Sounding vibey man!

much appreciated guys !

I like the drums alot. the vocals seem to hit a weird note every now and then. like its off key then comes back. there is some crazy sounding reece that is dope but used twice. i think it would sound cool to use it a couple more times. other than that good choon.

Vocals are something I'm still relatively new to using, would you be able to specify a point where it is off key? I've had a look but I can't seem to determine an exact point (limited knowledge in theory) - I'm going to use it more in the second half of the track and hopefully get more of a darker more bass heavy vibe !

thanks for the feedback man !

drums are lovely. samples are brilliant. yup clinical production too.

Nice track mate. I really like the string's on the break down before the drop and the vocals go really well.

Glad you guys are feeling it so far !

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is appreciated.

Mega vibes on this. Keys sound funky when the filter opens up...but I think that vocal sits real nice. Those HP bass edits are great. Bass might be a touch too loud? Great tune!

Sounding really nice, drums are super crisp. Love the vocal.

When the filter opens at 2:29 and 2:34 it sounds like the underlying sample is out of tune. Does it play a slightly different note here or is it just hidden by the low pass elsewhere? Was a little jarring when compared to the smooth chords up to this point.

Overall its really good, interested to hear when finished .

This is awesome, but I really wouldn't have anything to suggest whatsoever; I'm a little out of my depth with this type of track. I'm really feeling the bass, and as far as the vibe in the intro & buildup everything is working great for me! Love your work

Mega vibes on this. Keys sound funky when the filter opens up...but I think that vocal sits real nice. Those HP bass edits are great. Bass might be a touch too loud? Great tune!

Big ups HotSauce, I did a car test and the bass is a little bit too loud for sure, gonna bring it down a touch. regarding the filter and keys sounding off (as rounder mentioned below) I'm gonna take that part back to the drawing board. thanks guys for mentioning it, after listening to the project so many times it was overlooked.

Sounding really nice, drums are super crisp. Love the vocal.

When the filter opens at 2:29 and 2:34 it sounds like the underlying sample is out of tune. Does it play a slightly different note here or is it just hidden by the low pass elsewhere? Was a little jarring when compared to the smooth chords up to this point.

Overall its really good, interested to hear when finished .

Thanks for the feedback Rounder !

beautiful my dude

Big ups man, I'm a fan of your work so it means a lot.

This is awesome, but I really wouldn't have anything to suggest whatsoever; I'm a little out of my depth with this type of track. I'm really feeling the bass, and as far as the vibe in the intro & buildup everything is working great for me! Love your work

Huge thanks CTJake !

Nice work man!

Big ups !

/

Gonna try get this one wrapped up soon ! thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm glad everyone is feeling the vibe so far.

Back
Top Bottom